Sunday, December 17, 2006

We miss you Dale


Today it has been one year since my grandpa Dale passed away. It seems like the year has come and gone so fast, but then again so long when thinking of my grandmother and her pain in losing him. We have all missed him terribly he was a wonderful man and died at a very young age. I still count my blessings everyday that last year I was able to fly home 4 days early at the last minute. The day I arrived I went straight to the hospital to visit them, they said he was doing much better and would go home the next day, but I wanted to see him. The second I got there he told me how much he loved me and how thankful he was for me. We visited for a little while and then he asked for us to go back to his house and print off some emails from friends he had missed reading while there. We left and were gone for about 20-30 minutes when a nurse called home and said we should come back soon. He wasn't conscious when we got back and never regained it and then passed at around noon the next day. He knew his time was short and I am so thankful that he expressed his feeling to all of us before he left. I will never forget that incredible blessing I had to be there with him and to be a support for my grandma. I was the only one with her for a while before more family was able to come that evening. But any of you who know me know I am a complete basket case and I couldn't control my emotions. So I am not sure how strong I was for her, but I still feel it was a blessing for me to be there. We love you Dale and you have been so very missed and cannot wait to be with you again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job Nick. You make me very proud of you. Love,
Dad