Wednesday, July 8, 2009

We made it!

After our last airport travels back in February I was a little skeptical about doing it again and adding a 2 and a half month old baby. yikes. Dan wasn't traveling with us he was coming in a few weeks. so it would be me, parker and bella alone to sacramento with one stop in portland.

I was very anxious all morning, but things seemed to be going smoothly and that helped ease my mind. We even ran into a friend going on the same flight so she helped me through security and to the gate. the first plane ride went well. parker cried a bit, but I had him in his carseat so that was wonderful for containment so I could tend to bella. The only thing was the car seat puts him up high and quite forward on the seat, so if he moved his legs at all that resulted in him kicking the seat in front of him. yeah so she was not happy at all! she turned around before the plane even took off and very sternly told me not to let him kick her seat any more, it was bothering her greatly. while i felt awful she was being bothered, I wasn't quite sure how I was going to do that besides tying his feet to the seat. it doesn't really work for me to just tell my two year old boy not to kick her, when my arms are busy to stop him. he thought it was a joke. so I tried to keep holding his feet down while nursing the baby while the 13 year old boy next to us was trying to focus on his PS3 and not see what was going on right next to him. poor kid. weirdly enough it was the last available seat on the plane. What luck he had. I tired to joke about it with him, but he was not amused.
we managed to make it through that flight with only a few more dirty looks from the lady in front of us. I would have tried harder to make Parker stop but the more bad looks I got the more I wanted to tell him to kick harder. Have a little compassion lady I have a new born baby a two year old and the seats are all crammed together. get over it.
The layover was good too, we ate wendys played at the play place and loaded the next plane and they both slept the entire way. I even slept a bit too.
Very happy to report we made it in one piece, luckily Dan will fly home with us, and even better it is a direct flight!! (too bad it took me two weeks to write this) everything is different on vacation!

2 comments:

cristy said...

Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems like you always end up sitting next to a *seemingly unappreciative* 13-year-old boy.

Enjoy your vacation!

(Nicole) The Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

you are not wrong, young teenage boys are often my victims.