Sunday, January 16, 2011

Christmas

Remember Christmas almost a  month ago....  yeah me too, here are some pictures that prove we actually did celebrate!!
We did not go to California because the weather was too bad so my parents and Eric and Breanne came here.  We celebrated Christmas on Sunday Dec 26th. that was our Christmas morning.  My kids did not know the difference and it just plain worked better with peoples travel plans.
    As we have previously established Parker LOVES the Polar express (prounced Colar dapress). That is all he wanted for Christmas.  For months I had been searching for a train for him.  All the quality ones were Lionel and $$$$.  Most  of them were too complex for him anyways. I did find one I think it was O gauge which is bigger and battery powered and more appropriated for a four year old.   One day I walk into Goodwill which I have never been to before, but I just brought in a donation and they gave me a 20% off coupon.  Bella and I walked in to check it out.  The first thing I see is at the cashiers the Polar Express Box Lionel O gauge. I ran up in the middle of their transaction and start asking a million questions about this train I presumed the lady checking out was buying,  They thought I was nuts.  It turned out a different lady was returning it and it sat there while she shopped. My first thought was who returns stuff to goodwill.  I tracked down that lady and asked her why, she gave some lame undescriptive reason why.  My thought was she just changed her mind and didn't want to pay $100 for this train.  Yes even at goodwill used it was $100.   She told the lady it was broke. I said I didn't care I would still buy it.  He could push it I didn't care.  They wouldn't sell it to me because it might be broke. I insisted and she said OK how about $20.... DONE!  Then I had my  20% off coupon so for $16 dollars I walked out of the store with the perfect present.  Turns out it works perfectly!!!  I was so Happy!!!  HE WAS ECSTATIC!!!

 Christmas morning before the rush

 The POLAR EXPRESS!!!!!
 He jumped right in and started playing, he stayed there for 2 days straight...
 Bella and her dancing and signing Dora....

 The kitchen, her favorite part is the telephone...
  Bella got lots of dolls and their stuff like beds, swing high chair....  It was a fun Christmas.
 Rina's beanie
 The aftermath



Funny story.   every year for Christmas eve like many of you kids get jammie's to wear for Christmas morning.  I got these months before but somehow Parker's got put in his room with his normal rotation of jammies.  But then when I wrapped Bella's I realized Parker's were in his room.  So I fished them out of his drawer and wrapped them.  The look on his face was hilarious!!!  hmmm thanks for my jammies.....  I then filled my story in on why he had no emotion his present and we could not stop laughing.

No comments: