Sunday, December 11, 2011

Potty training

For months now Bella has wanted to use the potty. Often she sat there and it made her very excited... me not so much, she never did anything it was just an excuse to get undressed then 3 seconds later reapply the diaper and all of her clothes.  but I know it was good practice for her.  Finally we decided it was time. We bought the panties, and lots of juice drinks and the day was set.  She taught her doll, how to use the potty, then her doll went :).  We threw the doll a party and called grandma to report the good news.  Next it was Bellas turn.... and she did it. We were all thrilled. She got a candy, a sticker for her chart and we called grandma to report the great news.  It was so fun, for a day or so. Then when she would try and go poop she would exclaim this is too hard and ask for a diaper.

   The next morning when she woke up she decided this wasn't as fun as it was hyped up to be and she was done. She refused to take off her diaper.  I let her keep her diaper on. I couldn't see the point of making her do it, it had to be her choice if this was going to work and be successful.  we let it simmer down for a few weeks then one day we asked her again and she said she was ready for her princess panties again.  She did great!!! She only had a few accidents  the next few days.  Gut we were hard core.  I was pumping her full of fluids and she was emptying her bladder just as fast... on our second day back at it I counted she went potty 49 times and had 3 accidents... not bad odds, but I was exhausted, all we were doing was sitting on the potty then emptying it and washing up ALL DAY LONG!!!!  the next few days after that we decreased the amount she drank, since the point was for her to have lots of practise realizing the urge to go and then doing it.  I tried not to ask her if she needed to use the bathroom instead I would say dry check she would consciously think of her pants and realized they were dry and it caused her to pay attention to it all.  To this day I still do not ask her to got to the bathroom, for the most part she just does it herself.  it was been a month and a half now and she is doing great! only a few accidents total!  She even rode on planes and did great!!!
  We are so proud of our girl she is very independent and a big girl!

sitting and waiting ready books about the potty

first poo poo in the potty.

1 comment:

R @ Rebecca's Roundup said...

Wow! Gross! Way to go Bella!