Since the age of 18 months old Parker has been obsessed with the book and movie Polar express. That year for Christmas he got this
Then next year all he wanted was a bell from Santa's sleigh.
This year he wants another polar express (because he remembered from a yeah and a half ago it had to be thrown away because it broke ( and was very annoying)
I also had heard about local train stations hosting a ride to the north pole. I knew he would love it. I looked it up and bought the tickets and I kept it a secret from him.. The night before we left I was telling him we were going on a special mommy and Parker date and asked what he wanted to do.
Parker: umm play with toys...
Me: no, something even more fun
Parker: go to Bounce????
Me: nope, Parker, if you could do anything tomorrow the best thing ever what would you want to do....?
Parker: Ride on the Polar express and meet santa!!!!!
Me: (holding back the tears from my excitement) Wow that does sounds really fun, but not sure if we can do that we will see what happened tomorrow.
All morning long I was giddy with excitement just in anticipation of how much he was going to love it. He fell asleep on the ride there. We got there and I woke him up to show him where we were. He just started screaming a choo choo train mom can we go on it. I exclaimed YES This is the Polar express he was thrilled (though a little groggy from being woken up so suddenly and pulled out of the car, we were late it took way longer to get there than I thought and I had a panic attack the whole way I drove about missing it) We ran on and a lady asked him what he was going to tell Santa he wanted for Christmas. He was so happy he asked will I see Santa????
While on the train we walked around.
Carolers came and sang us songs, it was a beautiful ride. It took over an hour to reach the north pole and there was Santa waiting to greet all the kids. It was a little cheesy but perfect for him. He was not afraid at all..
This is his first year wanting to see Santa. He proudly said I want a polar express. Then we walked around the "north pole"
stood in front of "Santa work shop" where the elves were making his train set.
Luckily I noticed that they were serving milk and cookies so I brought his that he could have so he didn't feel left out. He was so excited. We rode back and Santa rode home with us and came and visited again. It was a very fun trip and a day both of us will always remember. I love watching my child's dreams come true!!!
3 comments:
Oh that is SO cool!
First things first though, you look absolutely amazing in your new family pic up top! Please oh please say I can look that good when Simon's a bit older. I'm totally drowning in "i may be permanently chubby" mindset.
So... back to the north pole. Your heart must have just burst when he said that was what he wanted more than anything and you knew he was going to go the next day! We'll have to find something like that around here next year.
Oh, and random fast fact... I noticed you're friends with the paternosters on FB and I assume they're in your ward. His brother Erik is in our ward and we're BFFs. Small world for sure!
Sorry... longest comment ever.
Oh, it sounds like it was a blast!!! I am so glad you guys had a good time!!!
Post a Comment