Sunday, March 13, 2011

Dan turns 31

I tried to be tricky for dans birthday this year.  Do unto others as you would have them do unto you right??  I would love dan to plan a romantic getaway for us, so why not do it first myself.  I saw a groupon here in Boise for a dinner at a nice restaurant and then a stay at their hotel.  The rooms looks so cool, everyone raved about the place. I booked it. I had never been there or even driven by.  We got there and walked in and it is a bar. It had about 4 little tiny tables.  They were all full with people drinking and not eating. Yeah it did not look like they were getting up anytime soon.  We kept waiting.  This was all a surprise to Dan.  He finally looked over at me and said why are we waiting here why don't we go somewhere else?  Well we can but I have all ready paid for it.. And we have to use it tonight...  ok so then I guess we will stay.  Finally we got a table squished in between some very large people who we shared nothing in common with.  It was so noisy, it was funny, I kept saying isn't' this romantic???  But Dan had to ask what 3 times because he couldn't hear me.  Classic!  It was not really even a restaurant.  They had food but not dinner stuff.  It was more high end appetizers which were actually excellent.

  Then after our wonderful "dinner" I broke the news to him that we were actually staying the night there. I had secretly packed  suitcase for us and tried to get it in the car with out him seeing.   They give us our room key we go up, but our room was on the second story and it was open below to the bar, Everyone was right outside our window and so noisy all night long.  We tried to go to sleep, but it was no luck, I was uncomfortable and it was SO loud!  Finally at midnight we packed up and drove home, all 20 minutes away.  Dans mom as staying at our house with our kids, but she was sleeping upstairs. So we just went and slept in our room.  That next morning she walked in to get something from our bathroom and it was still very dark in the room and she could see people in the bed. I think we scared her, she flickered the lights real fast to check us and see if it was us, then quietly left. She didn't tell our kids we were home so we both slept in til 8. That was wonderful that as my main reason for wanting to get out anyways.  When we got up we explained what happened and all had a laugh. It was a nice idea, but just didn't quite work.  oh well next time.  Anyways Happy 31st birthday babe!

                                                      our lovely self portrait
our room, it was small but kind of cool retro modern design, the bathroom was amazing with a huge rainfall shower, too bad we didn't stay long enough to use it.

1 comment:

VoNique said...

That's so funny, although I'm sure it's funnier now than in the moment. Too bad it didn't work out. At least you got to sleep in a little, I guess!