Sunday, March 13, 2011

jamie visits

    At the beginning of February one of my best friends Jamie came to visit us here in cold Boise.  Jamie is always going at home whether working nights as a nurse or hanging with family or friends. I was afraid our life would be so boring for her.  It probably was, but we still had fun.  It was hopefully relaxing for here just lounging for a week.I would say sleeping in, but that doesn't happen to anyone staying in our house, if my kids know you are here they will find you and wake you up!!!  Lovely right?

  The first day she came we stopped at the mall for her to get something really quick from the cosmetic counter she forgot, and I  had Parker with me and he just fell asleep in the car so she she just ran in.  Last we said was I will be outside this door.  But while she was in there I drove to the other side of Macy's and realized that was the cosmetic counter right there so I texted her and said I am outside this door.  Then I waited.... forever I called and texted repeatedly with nothing.  was so frustrated we had been waiting outside for 45 minutes where did she go.  come on!  Then out of nowhere I had a voice mail that must have come through when I was calling her.  She was calling asking where I had went, she had been sitting outside forever at the door I left her at freezing.  She was freezing and starving so she went in the cheesecake factory.  If I ever come back to the mall from where ever I disappeared to she would be there.  What!!!???   I run in there to find out she had left her phone in the car in her bag on silent so she did not hear any of my messages.  She thought I decided to run an errand or whatever.  She finally talked someone in to letting her use the phone inside borders to call me only to get my V.M.  we were two very confused and flustered friends.   I was so relieved to find her in the cheesecake factory.  I laughed because when I walked in all the servers around her said oh so you didn't dessert your friend after all!!!!  Yes very Jamie she had been in there for 5 minutes and the whole crew knew her tragedy.   Yes, I should have stayed where I said I would, but I thought the next place easier for us both. I did circle that way and never saw her. Don't worry I didn't let her out of my site for the next week!

    We did do one adventure while she was here we drove up to Bogus Basin which is our local ski resort and went tubing. I had never been up there before. It was really fun. There is a 800 foot hill that you ride down on inner tubes then a lift pulls us backup the mountain. It was scary we screamed our heads off the fist few times we went down and every time we tried a new riding style.  Parker was so brave too.  It was a fun day I am looking forward to going back up next season.
the hill looks small, but it wasn't
so cute
bff's

1 comment:

Jamie said...

You are such an exagerator- the only person ho knew about my tragedy was the bartender- very different from everyone in the place- dork!