Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Introducing Autumn Adele Goggins

Born August 24th 2011
7:40am
7 pounds 3 ounces
20 Inches long



here she is 5 days old.
The story behind her name.  Until the day we left the hospital she was "baby sister".  If it was up to Bella that was her first choice.  If we ever discussed names she would just insist  no it is sister...  we told her it could be both she would always be your sister too.  Anyways  Autumn was always in the running I just had a very hard time say yes that is the name.   We knew all along her middle name would be Adele after my grandmother and Dans Aunt. Too birds with one stone, but what sounded good with Adele.... and with Adele as the middle name and Goggins with her last name could possibly give us lots of bad initials  some of our top names would  give her SAG or LAG.  Not a complete reason not to name her that but it wasn't a winning point.  When she first came out I though Autumn I was just afraid to say it out loud because then I couldn't change my mind later...  I like to have my options, anyone who knows me knows I like to take things back to stores at least five time before I find the perfect one I want to keep.  But once  finally said that is her name it felt so good.  The worrying and confusion was gone.  I was so happy to finally have an answer when people would  ask what is babies name?  That got old fast.  It was stressful for her not to have name even the nurses were giving me a hard time.

3 comments:

The Moyers said...

Congratulations! She is darling!! What a great delivery story you had...you look amazing right after (especially for having been up most of the night!). I hope that your transition is smooth and that you enjoy these tender moments with her. They grow up too fast!! (Especially the third one amid the chaos of the other two!)

VoNique said...

I love it! And she's so beautiful! Can't wait to see her!

Jenna said...

Congrats! She looks adorable!