
How could I have missed that!?
He gets so mad when something isn't done his way and throws everything he can and if I am near him he hits me so hard and pulls my hair sand if I am lucky trying to bang his head with mine. It is amazing I do not have a broken nose. I am not saying we are the next case for Jerry Springer or the Murray Povich show (are they still on?) but it has to stop.
My first reaction when in pain is to hurt him back, but what will that do but teach him to hurt me more because that is what we do when we are in pain. It really just hurts my feelings so much. I give him everything and he is so mean to me. and it is so embarrassing to be smacked in the face by my child, especially in public. I usually grab his hands tightly by his sides and tell him NO hitting, or do not pull hair, that hurts mommy and is not nice. What else do I do. We do time outs. they are sometimes more effective than others. most of the time it requires me holding him down in the chair which then results in more hitting, hair pulling and head banging. If I lock him in his room he just gets very destructive and tries to ruin anything he can.
Please help!!
I am not sure I can take this especially with a new baby on the way and that is supposedly when children start to act up.
Please do not think I am evil for my picture choice :)
7 comments:
Nicole I love looking at your blog your family is so cute! I hope that everything is going well your ultrasound picture is so cute. I am sorry about Parker): I was talking to my sister about time outs with boys and she has had some similar experiences with her 3 boys and one thing she has found effective and you can take this or leave it but when her boys start to throw tantrums like that and start hitting and kicking they have them lay on there bellies, put a little bit of there weight on there legs, and put there hands behind their backs so that they can't hit them they basically hog tie them until they calm down and are ready to take an actual time out in there room or on a chair. I have not actually had a bad experience with my kids and time outs but girls are very different in that aspect.
I hope this helps somewhat and I hope it does not sound mean or anything? I have actually seen them do this once and I think it's only mean if it is done in a rough manner and they were very careful not to hurt their boys.
Brinley is starting to hit me too. Right smack in the face. I just hold her arm down to her side or stop her hand mid-flight and say no hitting. She is still doing it but I think all of my kids did this and with time and consistency they grew out of it. I kinda just laugh to myself while Brinley does this because she is so mad when I don't let her hit me.
What do you mean picture choice? The 3D one? It is adorable!
Hallie used to do this, and the time out thing didn't work. We finally figured out that with her, the main thing she wanted was attention, so when she started to act up and hit, I would just walk out of the room, and not talk to her, or look at her until she stopped throwing the tantrum. Then when she handled something well, I was all hugs and kisses. This took awhile, but has worked well. I still have to do it now that she is 4 and turning into a drama queen. The most frustrating thing about kids acting up is what to do in public. I'm not sure that I have ever found anything good. Sorry about your frustration.
Just continue to be consistant and firm. Praise him for when he's doing good. I'm sure it seems none of it's being effective but don't quit...you'll eventually win. Good luck!
JUST BE CONSISTANT, IT WILL EVENTUALLY BE EFFECTIVE. JUST HELP PARKER REMEMBER WHO IS IN CHARGE. YOU ARE NOT BEING CRUEL, YOU'RE BEING A GOOD MOM, I'M RIGHT THERE WITH YA SISTER, THE TERRIBLE TWOS ARE TERRIBLE FOR SURE. LOVE YOU GUYS TO BITS
having a little boy 2 and 4 I have been there, done that. Do not be afraid to leave a store mid shopping if he hits you or is mean. Go to the car and let him cool off. I have put mine in the car seat and stood out side the car door until they are calm enough to talk to me nicely or you go home. It does take doing a few times before you can only ask if he needs to leave. I hold my boys firmly on my lap with my arms crossed over their belly holding their wrist with my thumb and pointer finger like hand cuffs until they are calm and are willing to talk about it. You can not talk to a mad boy it is useless. After he is calm help him see what he could have done differently with out hurting you, help him use words. Put him on a rug for time out. He will know you are serious if you do not smile or talk to him while he is in time out. Just put him back until he stays the amount of time you say or tell him he is done. Do it before the baby comes so that you can send him and he will do it before she gets here and in your arms. You must be prepared keep putting him in time out for an hour if that is what it takes the first time. I have very strong willed little boys and they have learned. The 4 year old is now trying out words that hurt. They just come different then girls. You stay calm and very matter of fact about it and it will work. Good luck, I love the picture, my little ones I know have horns and a tail too under those halos. They come so cute so they stay alive. It does get better. Call me if you need to talk it out some days. 909-389-2475 Karyn
Nicole-Katie is definitely acting like a two year old as well. She'll give us that mischievious look when she's about to do something she knows is wrong, and hit out of anger when she doesn't get her way. We've been doing timeouts since about 18 months. If she has previously had timeouts that day for the same thing and continues to do it (like hitting mommy) we explain that the next time she does it she'll have a spanking and stay in time out. when spanking time comes we explain why she's getting a spanking, spank her bottom, and then sit her in time out. She want's attention, so we say she has to stay in time out until she is calm and ready to say sorry, and try not to talk to her. She often plays the potty card and used to puposely pee in timeout, so now if she says she has to go potty while in time out (to get out) i put her potty in the corner with her but don't say anything. For katie we've had the best luck with giving lots of positive attention when she listens and being consitant with punishment, but calm when she acts up. hope you're doing well today! Bridget
Post a Comment