Thursday, February 26, 2009

So maybe my previous post about a devil child was a little harsh. it was a hard day and I was venting. there is a halo on top of the horns with Parker. Tonight while I was reading to him putting him to bed we were reading a book and it had a picture of Jesus with the wounds in His hands and feet. we have read this book before so when we were about to get to this page Parker kept saying "ouchie" so he turned and found the page with that picture on it and he started kissing his hands and feet saying sorry ouchie, over and over. it was quite sweet. we then talked about it and all of a sudden he folded his little arms as if to pray and called out "Dan" as I usually do to call his dad in to have our family prayer. HE kept his arms folded the whole time waiting for him and then after we prayed he smothered us both in kisses. It was very sweet. I wanted to share this experience with you but also for a keep sake for myself when we are having a hard time I can look back and be reminded of his very sweet spirit and I do know he is truly a child of God! It is just my job to raise his so he can go back to live with God again someday!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Sorry about that last comment I wouldn't do that to my kids, every child struggles like every person but we are all special and unique in our own way and we are all children of God. You are a great mom Nicole I enjoyed getting to know you in our student ward you are such a wonderful example.