At the beginning of June I took a solo trip to Utah for a few days. The main excuse for getting away was for my old roommate and great friend Natalie was getting married. Natalie was my first roommate when I came to BYU I was a very silly and naive 19 year old to BYU she was a mature 23 year old :). She put up with me and eventually we became great friends. Natalie was the girl who had a date most nights of the week always with a different guy. But there was always something wrong with him, like he breathed loud, or not a good tipper, or wore funny shoes... I am serious. I had not meet Matt before (her new husband) before the wedding, but I told him he must be perfect if Natalie approved. She had high standards which is great and I am so happy that she eventually found her prince charming. She always said good things come to those who wait. I am so happy for them!
They got married in the Manti Temple. It was beautiful.
So was their receptions.
here Nattie is singing him a song she wrote it was so sweet!
Also while I was in town I took the chance to visit with other old friends. I spend the night with Vo and Jared and the next day vo and I slept in, shopped and went to lunch. it was so nice to have no kids schedules to consider.... ( no pics sorry)
Then that afternoon I went up to my good friend Kim's' house and we visited then got ready went to dinner, walked around the mall bought cute stuff for both of our soon to come baby girls and then went and saw jane eyre. She had just finished reading it and I was halfway through. it was so good, both the book and the movie. I really recommend them both.
The next day we did some more shopping went on a very long and hilly walk around the golf course and just had fun visiting. ( no pictures here, two girls one eight months and the other seven months pregnant do not take pictures together!!!)
That night I went to one of Natalie's receptions, there I was able to visit with other fellow roommate Jana and her darling family. it was a great night.
Then I drove back the next day. I missed my kids and husband so much but sometimes it is so nice just to get away!
1 comment:
It was so good to see you! You should come back while Allie's in town! :)
Post a Comment