Sunday, January 22, 2012

a Jedi Party

Parker loves Star wars.... not sure if it is a phase or will stick with him for life, but he loves it... funny story, but the other day our neighbors dog died (not the funny part) and we were talking about how we will all die one day and go to heaven, he got sad and said I don't want to die.... he has said this before followed by, I will miss you so much mommy... so that day I was surprised to hear I don't' want to die, I won't be able to watch star wars..... seriously!? I had to laugh, anyways he is a bit obsessed! so for months I have heard that he wanted a star wars party when he turned 5!!!! Seeing I have actually never seen star wars I knew I had some research to do. Parker gladly answered all my questions on whos who...
The invite. I wish I thought of it, but I saw the idea and then created it in photoshop.  HE LOVED IT!


A few of the jedi... waiting for more to come.  I was planning on making robes, but dans sister said she had some we could use. it was awesome the kids looked so cute. I few didn't want to wear them, but the rest had fun!



Dan instructing them on pass the death star to  the imperial march song, if it ended and it was in your hands you would explode!



Pin the Light saber on Darth Vader

Jedi Training.  Dan was the master Jedi  and did an amazing job.  not sure who had more fun, dan or the kids.



the cake and lighsaber cupcakes.. don't judge me by the cake, I had run out of steam by this pint, Parker loved it  that's all that matters right.....

singing to him

blowing out candles


some of his cute friends with pictures of them with their presents I will send out with thank you cards....






It was a great day.  Parker LOVED every second.  I think all the other kids had fun too they all got to take home their light sabers and had fun playing with them here and only a few accidents so glad they were soft...  By the end of the party we were all pooped, but I would do it again in a second for the best 5 year old boy ever.  And that night when he wrapped his arms around my neck and said thank you mommy it was the best day ever, made it all worth it.  He is so sweet.  Love you little dude to the moon and back!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

R @ Rebecca's Roundup said...

So fun and creative! You did a great job and Dan is such a fun daddy! I love party days, doing all that work and making memories make you feel like the most awesome mom ever:)

VoNique said...

Looks like it was a complete success! You're such an awesome mom! It seems impossible that he is 5!