AAHH I have a five year old. I always thought I would feel like a real
mom when my first baby was 5. I remember a Friend of mine having a 5 year old when Parker was born and that seeming so old. I felt like such a amateur mom she was the real deal. Some day I would feel like a "real" mom too when Parker turned 5!
5 years later, 2 more children, piles of laundry, lots of boo- boos kissed, and 3 bellies to feed and I am not sure where all the time went. So, am I real yet?! :) My sweet boy turned 5 this week. he was the little man who made me a mom... You have definitely enrolled me in parenting 505, and I love you to the moon and back!He was beyond excited to have his birthday he has talked about it for months. and nonstop for the past few weeks. In fact that night before when he went to bed he woke up around 11:30 with a bloody nose he came downstairs dipping blood and the first thing he said was, Mom am I five yet??? I had told him when I tucked him int hat night when he woke up he would be five. I should have clarified, when the sun was up....
Then at 5:45 the next morning, sun still not up, I was stirring in my bed and all of a sudden i felt something there I opened my eyes to him staring down at me asking am I five yet??? After I caught my breath from being scared to death i had to laugh and say technically yes, you were born at 5 am, but you have got to go back to sleep or it was going to be a very long day!!! Luckily he did. so yeah he was a bit excited about the big day. I get it five is big, he gets to go to kindergarten this year it is a whole hand... I would be excited too!
Facts about Parker at age 5:
He weighs a whopping 36.5 pounds soaking wet.
He is 42 inches tall.
He is currently still allergic to milk and peanuts
His favorite colors are blue and green
He is a great eater and tries anything and likes most anything too, but would still eat chicken nuggets for every meal if he had the chance.
He loves curious George and star wars of course
He loves Lego star-wars and pirates of the Caribbean video games and is surprisingly good
He can build legos for hours and once again is reassuringly good.
He is learning to read and does well with many sight word books
He is a great brother and loves to play with Bella.
He is always wanting to give me hugs and kisses and cuddle with me (I hope that lasts)
He does very well in preschool and seems to get along great with the other kids and listens to his teachers (every parent loves to hear that)
He is very excited to go to kindergarten this year.
He loves money and is very driven by it, he will do just about anything to earn some pennies for our Disneyland jar. he is a great cleaner, honestly he will put everything away where it goes and can make my bed just about as good as I can. He might just love the praise and admiration he gets after he is done. He is always so excited to show us his work!!!
2 comments:
I still can't believe he's 5! Yes, you are definitely a REAL mom.
So cute! You are funny - do you feel like a "real" mom?! Time goes so fast, we're really in the thick of things now!!!
Post a Comment