Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mothers Day

I have throughly enjoyed my first mothers day. Parker was so excited to wish me a happy mothers day so much last night he woke up every two hours to do so. It was so sweet of him... Today in church they spoke on Mothers and how important they are and what an important role it is. I never knew I could love being a mother so much. One of the talks given had a short story where she quoted Victor Hugo which read:

"She broke the bread into two fragments and gave them to her children, who ate with eagerness. 'She hath kept none for herself,' grumbled the sergeant.

"'Because she is not hungry,' said a soldier.

"'No,' said the sergeant, 'because she is a mother.'"


That really touched me. It really changed me and something happened when I became a mother, I would do absolutely ANYTHING for my baby boy. I know it must be that way for most, but it is such an amazing feeling. For someone I had never met before in my life has now become the most important. I love Parker so much, I feel so privileged to be given this beautiful boy. I hope that I can teach him in a way that is pleasing to my Heavenly Father who loves me and trusted me enough with one of His sons.

Now that I am a mother it has really made me appreciate my mother and all other mothers for their sacrifice and unconditional love. I love my mom so much and am so thankful for her!

After church Dan made me a lasagna dinner and it turned out great! And he did all the dishes too. It as so sweet of him. He also bought me a Willow Tree figurine that I love of a mother and Father holding their new child. It is precious, I love it. It matched the pregnant lady he gave me for Christmas and my mom sent me one of the same set of a mother holding her baby also for my first mothers day. It was very sweet.

Another wonderful thing perhaps the best all day was that I was able to talk on the phone to Eric. He could call home for mothers day and I was on conference call. We talked for an hour. It was so wonderful to hear his voice and know he is doing so well. He absolutely loves being on a mission and I am so thankful for him and his example to me and all of us around him. he people there love him and I know he has touched so many!

No comments: