Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Hiking with Family



On Monday on their way out of town we stopped at Mount Timpanogas caves. I thought it would be a quick stop, but it took a while. The hike is just a mile and a half but in that time you climb almost 1200 feet so needless to say it was really steep. it is over 6000 feet in elevation. I exercise almost everyday and it was a challenging hike for me, I am not sure how so many do it especially in the hot sun. Parker was on Dan’s chest in the baby bjorn and loved it. He slept about half the way up and was really good while awake. He was good until we walking in the cave. It was suddenly dark and cold (43 degrees year around) and he was not for it. He began screaming immediately. The tour guide basically asked us to leave in not so many words. I do not blame her, he was loud, it was a small space and it echoed and her job was to give a tour. No one could hear. So Dan volunteered to take him and I went though. I am glad Parker didn’t come in, it was slippery and you had to duck to get through smaller spaces, it would have been difficult for him. It was quite interesting though I enjoyed it. I have never really been in a cave before. It was really pretty.
Parker did wonderful on the way down. He was in a great mood and talked and laughed the whole way. He reached out to grab leaves as he passed them too. Once he was successful when Dan stopped and of course they went right in his mouth. So funny. He is a good boy and too cute too!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Allie said...

cute picture of Parker and Dan. I love that Parker has his little socks on his hands its so cute!

Jenna said...

I've wanted to go to the Timpanogos Caves ever since I've heard about them, and it looks like you guys had fun, so we'll have to try them out ourselves soon.