Thursday, October 11, 2007

Goodbye Utah

So some things got moved up with our closing dates and we left earlier than we first thought. Last Friday we packed up the house and then spent the weekend at General Conference in Salt Lake with my family who came in town. Becasue Eric is serving in the Salt Lake mission we were able to attend confernece with him and visit duringthe weekend. We are spoiled huh! It was great visiting with him and the rest of the family that came. Then we drove to California to spend a week here before we move into our home in Boise on the 15th of the month. I am sorry for those of you in Utah we didn't get to say goodbye to. Everything got so crazy as the days were coming closer to the move and we ran out of time. We really have appreciated all of your friendships and we hope to stay in contact with many of you!!!
It was a very interesting weekend. As we pack up the home there were so many emotions that we felt. First sadness as we reflected on the many memories of that house. That was the first place Dan and I lived once we were married. Where we worked, learned, played and loved. Where we did so many improvements together on our home. we graduated from college while there. Where we both began our own companies at. I learned to cook and served many meals there and where we entertained family and friends. We made so many great friends while there and the thought of not being with them and saying goodbye was also a very sad thought. This is also where we brought our new baby home to. Where we learned to be parents and learned to love more than we thought possible.
We also felt a feeling of joy as we look forward to a new beginning. We are moving into a beautiful home which is much bigger than our last and much new and in a much better area than out last home. We will live close to Dans family there, in Utah we did not have family near by so that will be nice.
All in all we loved living in Utah, the beautiful mountains, wonderful friends and great experiences we had there and we will miss you all!!!

3 comments:

Lori said...

We're sad you're leaving, we'll definitely miss you guys. But moving up in the world isn't so shabby either, I'm sure you'll love the new place and all the new experiences. Best of luck! We'll keep in touch.

Monica Mary said...

I will definitely miss our "lunching" out here and there but I am excited for what your future in Boise holds. Good luck!

VoNique said...

So I'm wanting to do a craft night soon and I was making a list of people to invite, and I started writing your name. = ( I still don't believe you're gone. I miss you!