
I have been changing up my workout a little lately. I do aerobics and weights a few times a week and I have been running a few times a week too, but last week I decided I would add lap swimming to the mix. I used to swim all the time. I started on a swim team when I was 5 and didn't stop til during high school A few years it was year around too. I would have gone on after that, but I really hurt my right rotator cuff and I could no longer swim very well. Anyways swimming has always been a big part of my life. But in the past few years I had been a fish out of water :)
Anyways last Saturday morning I went to our neighborhood pool and it came back to me so fast. Do not get me wrong, I was not fast, I but I remembered most of my technique and it was a ton of fun. I never realized what a workout it is, I guess I was always in good swimming shape and never realized how much energy it takes. It is so different than most of my other exercises because it is easy on your body, but still hard all at the same time. I went again this morning and plan to do it at least 3 mornings a week. I am hoping I can train to do a race in the near future, I would like to try a triathlon, but bike riding is not my forte do not think will come back to me as easy as swimming does because I am assuming that you actually had to be able to ride well for it to come back to you so easily like they say :)
I do not remember what it was called but I have done a race with just swimming and running before at BYU maybe I should search for one of those. I want to say biathlon, but I am not sure. anyone know???
No comments:
Post a Comment