Monday, March 9, 2009

a few baby projects

I have really wanted to start crafting for some time now but kept putting it off. the other day I decided it was time. I have lots of more projects to work on but I started with my larger ones first.
as for the quilt I got a ton of the fabric from a garage sale for $.50 and felt I had to use it. All I bought was the white chenille. This whole quilt only cost me about $3.00 not bad huh. so maybe I wouldn't have picked all these fabrics myself, but you can not beat the price. It was my first quilt. by quilt I mean piecing squares together there is none of that batting in between or that fancy stitching on top. I have no idea how to do that. but I tried this. I am in no way a perfectionist and I do not measure all that carefully and rarely pin anything so that is why none of my squares are the same size and do not exactly line up, but it is more artistic this way right. it is about 3 feet square.
href='http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qszDCb5uJRM/SbWUYW_EvKI/AAAAAAAADXU/xc2By_pcdPM/s1600-h/mar+09+006.jpg'> 

 
Posted by Picasa

then the little one about 16" square is just a little lap taggie security blanket. I had a little miss hap and sewed all the ribbons the on the wrong side and had to unpick the WHOLE thing and then try and re tuck them the other direction. so they should have been a little longer, but at least I salvaged it right? After all is said and done I am happy with how they turned out coming from me at least. I have more crafts to come a nursing cover, decorative hangers, binky clips, baby legs and burp cloths. wish me luck.
 

 

9 comments:

Allie said...

those turned out way cute!! Wow you did those fast! Good job!

Pfister Pfam said...

SOOOOOO Cute...good work!

Kim said...

So much better than I could do. I love it all. Are you doing her room in that melon and sage colors? It's so cute!

(Nicole) The Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

no her room is closer the the other small blanket pink, white and black. I set up the crib the other day it is so cute. I will take a picture soon.

Emily said...

The little black and pink tag blankie is too cute. It will look so nice with your crib bedding! You will have to show me how you did it so I can make one for Olivia.

R @ Rebecca's Roundup said...

Good job, I am proud of you- your first quilt! It turned out good :) I might copy your tag blanket idea :) Cant wait to see the room. Wish we could craft together....

VoNique said...

I love 'em!

Gleason Family said...

so so cute. You are so crafty! Great job! Did you guys decide on a name yet?

Carolee said...

Way to go, Nicole!! Those look great!!