Sunday, May 31, 2009

Parker learns new words

The other night at dinner I told Parker to take a few more big bites and his response was "shut up, Mommy" repeated quite a few times. he said it in such a sweet way though like he did not realize it is not a very nice thing to say. it took my by such a surprise I had to turn my head and try to stop laughing. that is all I need is to encourage my two year old to say shut-up. I tried to ignore it and not make a big deal because if I said oh no never say that he would say it a ton because he shouldn't. I didn't hear him say it again until we got to church Sunday morning and Bella starting crying. he says in the same sweet voice, shut up baby Bella, shut up. I kindly tell him again holding back the laughs and mortification that he just said that in Church that we need to use nice words, like hush and shhh. that is how we say be quite, especially to your baby sister.
So many of you may ask where did he learn such words. we do not tell that to him ( I have thought it, I won't lie) and we certainly do not say it to Bella. I am sure I have said it to dan before, but rarely in front of parker so I am blaming these older kids at the park the other day. they were yelling it back and forth between each other. (it is much easier to blame them, than myself, but honestly it was probably both) I guess I really need to watch what I say, I will just remember say nothing i do not want repeated at church the following week.
FYI : his vocabulary is growing in positive direction too, he sang me most of the words to "I am a child of God" the other night in bed. it was very sweet!

No comments: