As I mentioned in an earlier post I walked in to find the humorous boy in his bed that had taken off his pajamas and diaper and went to sleep. well it is still funny every time I find it like that but a little less funny when I am too late and his bed is wet. but it keeps happening so often. whether he goes to bed happy or mad. does he really hate wearing clothes that much, is it some sort of rebelliousness towards us or just an activity to do because he is bored and doesn't to sleep yet?
I really do not care if he wears pajamas or not at night except he might get cold, but he is old enough to pull up his blankets. But I do care if he wears a diaper!!!! how do I keep the diaper on him? I used to always put a onsie on him, but he unbuttons them and it does not work anymore. what do I do?
7 comments:
This happened to a friend of mine recently. She got so tired of it she bought zip up footed pajamas a size too big. Then, when she put them on him she twisted the leg with the zipper around (like a 360 degree turn). He couldn't figure out how to unzip it that way and he stayed diapered all night. I don't know if it will work for Parker but it might be worth a try.
My sister in law had the same problem and she just cut off the footies on zip up footed pajamas and put them on backwards so he couldn't get them off. It might be worth a try.
If you're worried about the diaper, try duct tape. I had to do it with Titan, and he sure couldn't get his diapers off...as long as the ends of the duct tape was in the back. Good luck! (Oh the joys of being a mom!)
Maybe footie pajamas? With a lock?
A friend of mine used a pair of Chinese hand cuffs when her little guy was doing the same thing.
Only kidding!
To be totally serious though -- these comments are killing me! I know this isn't intended to be funny, but it is! I can't wait to hear your solution. You'll find something that works for Parker before too long. With a smile like that, how could you get mad?
so funny. I really read all of your comments because I need help in this department too. Lydia does the exact same thing. Seriously, almost every night. And she cries around 11pm or so because she has peed in her crib. (this is usually right before I am getting ready for bed and before I go in to check on her. AHHHHH! It drives me crazy! We tried putting her diaper on backwards. Doesn't work. I will try the jammies on backwards though. Good idea. Good luck with Parker! :)
I just happened across your blog. Congrats on the new baby. I just wanted to tell you I am a mother of 4. My youngest is 3 months. I had the same problem with all of my kiddos that you are having with the diapers issue. We would put the diaper on backwards and put small pieces of duct tape over the fasteners. I kid you not this totally works. Good luck!!
Post a Comment