Friday, September 4, 2009

Aptos 7.27.09


We rented a house on the beach in Aptos California which is just south of Santa Cruz. it is a place we love to go as a family and have been going since before I was born. This was Parker's first trip to the beach. He had seen Curious George go and was very excited to play in the waves and the sand. It was a bit windy so it made it feel cold, but it was nice. I wish we had longer there. One of Parker first real experiences playing in the water he got knocked over by a big wave and covered in so much sand. We should have just let him get back in the water and rinse off, but it was too chilly so we showered him off and while he was warming up on his towel he escaped and was naked army crawling across the warm sand. it was cute until he said mommy I'm peeing he got on all fours and did. The neighbors laughed, but I am sure they were not all that amused. As you can see Bella enjoyed the beach as well. I found sand in the rolls of her neck for days!

We loved our morning walks on the beach, Parker usually ended coming home naked and in my sweatshirt because he got soaking wet, but it was always so fun. he could walk forever.


Another exciting thing that happened while we were there was Eric and Breanne got engaged. He got the ring and it was a surprise. he had went to the "store" but really went ahead to the beach and wrote it in the sand and then came back and told her lets go on a walk. mom was hidden with a camera and so was dad with a video camera. they happened upon it and he asked her and by the looks of it here she said yes. Everyone around them on the beach started applauding. cute and cheesy, just like Eric. They will begetting married in SLC on Oct. 15th. Congrats you two!

We also did some family portraits while there. I think they turned out pretty well.

No comments: