Monday, September 28, 2009

I love Simon!

Well Simon says that it. Parker played Simon says with his cousins a few weeks ago and he loved it. So now Simon has become my best friend. Whenever I want Parker to do something I preface it with Simon says and he jumps to to it giggling the whole time. Example: Simon says pick up your toys... Simon says take another bite of dinner... Simon says go brush your teeth... Simon says go potty... Well you get the point, it works wonders! I know it will wear off soon and he will realize I am just telling him what to do, but til then I am taking advantage of it!

5 comments:

cristy said...

Simon says, "Make & mail apple pie carmel apples to Cristy."

*Fingers crossed* & hoping the apple does fall far from the tree!

j/k -- a great trick indeed!

Scott and Brittany Manning said...

That is a great idea!

Melissa said...

Clearly I'm not a parent so my thoughts don't really mean anything, but I think that's a great idea!

Emily said...

That is too funny! I guess maybe hanging out with our children actually ended up having a positive effect on Parker for once. Let's hope it wasn't the last time.

VoNique said...

Maybe you can stretch it out a little by having Simon occasionally say stuff like "eat your cookie".