Wednesday, January 30, 2008

international night




Last night we invited Dans Japanese tutor and his girlfriend over for dinner along with Josh, Dans' brother. Yuki and U ( I have no idea how to spell there names, but that is how they sound) just moved here 10 months ago and are studying at BSU. They were both very polite. they loved our house. they didn't understand why we would want such a big house for 2 people and a baby. They liked learning about our etiquette with serving dinner. I think we were the first American families home they have eaten with since they have been here. they both speak English very well.
We ate lasagna, garlic bread and ceasar salad and had chocolate chip cookies and ice cream for dessert. they said they really enjoyed it. Hopefully so. they studied for a while and conversed in Japanese for while, that was my que to leave. I put Parker down and watched a little TV. Then we played rock band and street fighter. they were very good!

2 comments:

Fox and Amy said...

Hi, Goggins fam! Sorry I'm lurking around on your blog, but I found it through Haley's and wanted to see how you were. Also, I remembered that Dan is way into Japanese and wanted to let you know that we're looking for someone to replace us in July. Check out our blog. Hope you are doing well!

Nicole said...

Hey, looks like you had a blast on Wed. I bet Dan was in heaven!!! Sounds like you pulled off a wonderful dinner!