Monday, January 21, 2008

A year of memories

I can not believe that it has been a year of fun with this little boy already!! I never would have imagined that I could have loved being a mother as much as I do. it is truly wonderful! The year has flown by, Dan and I have learned SO much. And what a humbling experience it has been. Parker definitely keeps us on our toes. He is a VERY busy boy always exploring and finding new things to get into and play with, (not very often are actual toys).
Mainly for my sake I will list what parker is doing in his life now.
Our biggest news is he is WALKING. he has been working on it for weeks and then someone must have told him that when you turn one you walk. so today he grew in leaps and bounds (literally :)) He has really taken off today. it has been so much fun. I think we have a video of some hopefully we will get it posted soon! It has been so exciting to watch him learn and grow. he amazes us everyday.
Favorite foods:
macaroni and cheese, pears, peaches, bananas, cottage cheese, spaghetti and meatballs, yogurt,peas and carrot chunks, graham crackers and of course ice cream. He will really eat anything that we eat. he prefers that to his regular baby food. he has also recently tried milk, he kind of liked it, he just doesn't drink too well from a cup and doesn't do sippy cups either. I know you can not tell by looking at him, but he eats a ton. His breakfast every morning is almost a whole banana mashed with 1 cup of baby oatmeal and 3/4 cup apple sauce and milk mixed in (yum) it makes a huge bowl and he downs the whole thing, then wants more.
He is still nursing just twice a day, when he wakes up around 6:30- 7 and then goes back to sleep for an hour or so and then at bed time. We will work on cutting more out. I actually really enjoy it, I get a special time with him and he is still which never happens and he likes it too. so for now it is fine by me.
He says Mamma all day long with a few daddas thrown in too. I think those are his only words so far, the rest just sounds like gibberish to me, I am sure it all makes perfect sense to him!
He still loves to empty drawers of all kinds, but now he is stronger and gets into my mixing bowls and can lift them, but they are heavy he occasionally gets some out, but usually drops it on his foot.
He is so independent, he rarely wants my help to do anything. He wants to do it on his own, he liked to climb up the stairs, he always follows dan up. we are trying to teach him to go down too.
He now screams and throws a fit if I take anything away from him and he will hold on so tight too. He is freakishly strong, sometimes he wins.
If we are holding him and decide to put him down he goes crazy and arches his back and screams. I have learned that if I set him down in about 5 seconds he get distracted and starts playing with something new and stops crying, so now I do not feel so bad.
He also love to play at our neighbors. when we go over he squeals just when I knock on the door. they have a huge play room and he could be content in their for hours. I am not sure if their toys are just a lot cooler than his, or if it is just somebody else's but he has a blast. he could care less where I am. ( which is nice for a change).
He loves his Dad! when ever Dan walks in the room Parker throws his arms up and smiles. He is so entertained by him and tries to be just like him.


Baths are the best part of his day. As I fill up the tub he gets on his tippy toes and looks over watching it fill up and bangs his arms in excitement. the whole time he is in it too he is full of smiles. I am glad we made it part of the night time routine. Now getting him out of the tub, is NOT his favorite part of the day! It takes two of us to do it!

I know there is so much more. he is a very sweet little boy who loves to play games and be silly. he loves to watch me be silly too, I have never heard him laugh so hard as when I do a silly dance for him. he brings a smile to my face all day long and I feel so privileged to be his mother. He is growing up far too fast, but I am truly enjoying every second with him now. Parker I love you! Happy Birthday!!



6 comments:

steph said...

Oh, I love this post of yours! Reading it makes me already miss this stage of thier lives. It goes so fast. I have already told Brian that I wish I could stop time right not. I love the ages of all my kids and I don't want them to get any bigger. Being a mom can be the best, and beats the frusterating times when you can't keep up with them or you don't get much out of church. Anyway, your post made my night! :)

Sarah said...

Nicole! I can't believe Parker is already one years old! Where did the time go? I loved the pics you posted of him showing how he's grown this last year. So cute. Glad to hear you guys are doing so well. We sure miss you! Also, did you see that we switched over to a private blog? Let me know if you have problems logging on. Sending lots of love! The Egberts

Nicole said...

Thanks for sharing that! I am excited that Parker is walking! Maybe he will teach Kasen how to do that too! (or do I want him walking yet)!
Thanks for going with me today, I am excited to see the finished product!

Kim said...

SO CUTE!!! I can't believe it's been a year too! Time to make another cute baby. It's fun to add more happiness- even though you think it's impossible!

NelsonFam said...

Wow - he is already one! It seems like you were pregnant just a couple of months ago. I am glad to hear you are loving being a mom so much. Sometimes I get scared thinking "what did I get myself into." but we can't go back now so... hopefully I can be as cute a pregnant lady as you were.

Laura Nelson

VoNique said...

He's grown up so fast! I miss you guys!