Thursday, April 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandpa Forrest!

These are pictures from his actual 92nd birthday dinner. Wish I could have been there. He had black "forrest" cake too!



Today my Grandpa Forrest turns 92 years old. I think that is just amazing. I would like him to know how much we love and appreciate him and all he has done for our family through the years. MY grandpas family is originally from Torino Italy, but he was raised in Sacramento California. He served in WWII back in Italy and Africa. He has told us many stories of that time over the years and he was so brave. He married my Grandma just before he went to war in 1941. This August will be 67 years of marriage. He is a brilliant man who has a very sharp mind. He still walks 30 minutes almost everyday and is on an undefeated boccie team with a man older than he is one 90 year old and one man in his 60's. He can build anything and is a great mathematician. He has a huge garden and grows all kinds of vegetables and has fruit trees. One thing i always loved as a child was him recalling the very day they left for a trip and how long it took them to get there and what they did on each day 40 years earlier.
He would always tell me every time we sat down to eat dinner, I eat salad LAST! As grandkids we loved it and would always offer him the salad earlier just to see him get all excited and tell us that.
I Have loved having him as a grandpa. it brings me such great joy to watch him hold his only great grandchild. It is so sweet. I hope that Parker will grow up with a love for him just as I have.

2 comments:

Allie said...

Thats awesome!! It really makes me miss me grandpa!

VoNique said...

I like that picture of Parker touching his nose = )