Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Nice while it lasted!


I have used this pitcher twice so far, Its first and it's last time! ( I know that is a lame joke, but it is one of my Dads favorites he says it all the time, so that one is for you dad!) Anyways we had the missionaries over for dinner tonight and i made strawberry lemonade and just put it in a plastic Tupperware pitcher and Dan saw this one on top of our fridge I got it out for the other night and decided not to use it and I never put it away (those cupboards over the fridge are so hard to reach) so I said sure we can use it tonight it did look so much better. as I was washing it tonight after dinner I was admiring it, I really liked it so much. this was the first wedding present we received. It was mailed to my parents house a few months before our wedding but it was off our registry and came straight from Macy's and it did not say who bought it for us (So if you are reading this, thank you) I always kept it in the box and put away keeping it for a special occasion to pull it out. I thought as I was drying it oh I hope this doesn't break. I placed a towel down and let it finish drying. I walked in the other room to get the broom to sweep up dinner. Parker was on the floor in the living room reading a book and all of a sudden I heard a big crash. Parker screamed! I screamed! I ran in he was still on the floor and the pitcher was too. There was glass everywhere!!! I still have no idea what happened. it was sitting on a perfectly level surface, nothing touching it. I quickly ran over grabbed Parker, checked him out, no glass hit him, he was luckily far enough away. Then I put him on the couch and grabbed the broom and swept as fast as I could, forgetting Parker loves the broom he kept coming after it. I then took him up stairs got in the bath and got him ready for bed and cleaned it up when he was sleeping. Dan left right after dinner for Japanese lessons, so he will be surprised when he gets home. It sure was nice while it lasted! I guess I was not supposed to have such a pretty pitcher after all.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

VoNique said...

Soo sad = ( We broke a super nice crystal platter that we got for our wedding. I loved it! Sad day.