Monday, August 11, 2008

Jamies Wedding

I know that her wedding was 2 weeks ago, but I just got the pictures from it so I was waiting til now to post. The day before while decorating the church I brought the programs to the church so people could help assemble them. I know we should have done it much sooner, but it was hard to coordinate all the information and then getting them printed. It was a long drawn out process at Kinkos, but ended up turning out well. I went to the church we set up an assembly line and about 8 of us did it. they were two pieces of paper with the column down the middle lengthwise and printed front and back. so when assembled they were 8 pages each. So some of us scored the middle (so it would fold nicely and evenly, one person cut ribbon and the rest put the ribbon through the spine holes to keep it together. I do not think I have picture of them, but they were very pretty. Then we had the rehearsal that afternoon, followed by the rehearsal dinner. it was so yummy at a Mexican restaurant. then I went to watch them do Karaoke and went home to try and get some sleep. The next morning we all met at the church at 11 to finish getting ready and take pictures and the ceremony started at 2:30. It was truly a beautiful day.
 
The only flaw I saw was in our processional
MY MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT OF THE DAY!!! . we had practiced the night before that all the bridesmaids would enter then I would be last right before the flower girls because I was maid of Honor... excuse me MATRON of honor...yikes that sounds so old!. But then the coordinator said that everyone was supposed to come out except me and the bride., we thought that was weird but gave it little thought. then we realized we had been in this back room for a long time and no one had come to get us. so we walked out and all the music had stopped the flower girls had gone down the aisle. I asked the lady, was I already supposed to go and she said no not yet. we waited a few more seconds she opens the doors to the chapel and sends me on my way. As I look up a few people started to stand until they turned around and saw it was just me. They all thought it was supposed to be the bride. So I walk down the aisle to no music, and the mothers were lighting the unity candle up on stage and me not knowing whether to stop in the middle or run up and maneuver my way around. The other bridesmaids were laughing at me and motioning me to hurry. so I did. I went up on stage and scurried around trying to find my spot and not be int he mothers way. the whole thing made me want to hide. not stand on stage for all to see my humiliation. luckily the music sounded the doors opened again and there came a beautiful bride. my eyes immediately went to Jeremy as his face light up and was chocking back tears it was so sweet.
 
I cried way to much during the whole ceremony. It was just so beautiful!! The pastor did a really nice job and they just looked so happy. After pictures again we all headed to the golf course where it was just beautifully decorated the tables were so gorgeous.
Jamie really did a nice job setting up everything.
The food was great too. I was a little too nervous to actually eat much, but what I did eat, I really enjoyed. I was nervous from my speech I was about to give. I usually do not mind things like that, and love being the center of attention, but not that day. Oh I was scared. I think it went ok though, I forgot many things I was going to say, but made up new stuff too. I also forgot to have everyone raise their glasses with me and actually toast them (the whole point) but oh well.

1 comment:

Allie said...

I love the black and blue together! I really like how your dress turned out too it looks good with the sleeves!