Saturday, August 2, 2008

The waiting game

Our mail comes almost everyday by noon. Everyday but today. The only day that I have been to the mail box 100 times. You see a few months back I pre-ordered Breaking Dawn, Stephenie Myers new book in the Twilight series that was released today. I should have just pre-ordered at a regular store, and it would have been reserved for me and I would have went to pick it up today, but it was like $10-15 bucks more, so I said no, Walmart will do. I will be ok if i get it one day late, oh well. I was stupid! (I really should have learned my lesson last year I did the same thing and my book got lost and it came 2 weeks late. I was giving them the benefit of the doubt and trying again.) I received shipping confirmation that it went out on the 31st. and was expected to deliver today. Well I started to worry for our mail man wondering if something was wrong I walked around my neighborhood around 2 and found him. He was about 3 loops into the development. I asked if he delivers mail for this whole subdivision and he said yes, why? "Well I am just really anxious to get my mail, at least I know it is coming." He laughed and drove off. I watched the way he went it was opposite of my way, that meant that our loop would be his very last stop out of the development. Lame, but how long could a couple hundred houses take anyways? It is now 4 two hours later and nothing and I walked to the block ahead of me and they have not received their mail either. I am about ready to report this mailman for slow service and obviously being lazy on the job. I bet he is parked under some tree somewhere taking a little siesta. So lets hope that when the mail comes that the book will actually be in it, if not I will have to endure all day tomorrow with no mail and hope for Monday. I do not think my nerves can take it, or your eyes can read it because this may not be the last post about this topic. Well gotta go check the mail again... Hopefully I will report good news soon. any one know the latest the mail can come, what time does the carrier get off work? do they have to stay until their whole route is delivered? I hope so!

No comments: