Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Lucky Peak

Last Saturday we met our friends Brian and Stephanie with their kids at lucky peak resivor for a day of lake fun. we played in the water for a while and then took out their boat. Dan had never been on a boat before like that and he tried water skiing it only took him a few tries, but he got up and then a few more to stay up, but he did good. The I decided to go. I have been water skiing but last time was 15 years ago when I was 10. I got up pretty quick too, but couldn't stay up long.
Then we went tubing very fun and minimal skill involved. the kids were so funny doing all their tricks. Dan took Parker out and we pulled them slowly on the raft I think he liked it. HE didn't love us pulling away from the raft. I guess he thought we were leaving them on a raft in the middle of the lake alone. On dan's turn he went crazy he kept wanting faster and more turns. I can not believe he held on that long! I made sure they knew I didn't want as crazy as a ride as Dan, but it was still so fun. we went back to camp and dove off the dock and then ate dinner and then went out again. They said the water was much better at night for skiing. Dan went again and got up on the first time and actually stayed up and rode in between the wake trying to get over it. I was cold and didn't want to go but then after seeing Dan do so well I decided I could not let him show me up. I jumped back into cold water and got up fast too and rode for a while. It was So fun! I made it over the wake, but then biffed it so hard and hit my bum really hard. IN fact if it wasn't for its placement I would show you a picture of the bruise I have. it looks like I got hit with a baseball batt. huge and black. but doesn't hurt when I sit. I guess that is because of all the padding:). Brain and Steph went out too. they were both so good. Steph even hooked her foot in the handle. they both rode single skis. Very cool. We really had a blast.
After that we went back and started a fire and made s'mores. At 10 we headed for home, Before we were out of our parking spot Parker was out. it was a LONG day for him. he did really well. he didn't even mind his life jacket he kept it on all day until we got in the car. Thanks Morrils for the fun day. We will do Sushi soon!

2 comments:

Allie said...

I love those pictures of Parker! He's so cute! Sounds like a lot of fun! Also when we have money we'll have to go boating together. We can buy a boat and you guys can buy wave runners!

steph said...

Nicole - WOW! I can't believe you have these up already. I am so glad you guys joined us! We had so much fun with your family. You both are modest because I thought you both did FANTASTIC!