Spoiler warning: if you do not know what we are having yet and have not watched the cute video of Parker telling the news, please bypass this post and look at the one below!
So with Parker it was easy. we knew the day we found out he was a boy that was his name. We had looked at many names beforehand and it was the one we both liked.
With new little baby it is not so easy. I know we have a little time. like 20 weeks, but I like to know what the babies name will be. I know many of you think I am crazy and you have to see a baby before you name it, but if we were to really name our child just based on its looks the day it was born, wouldn't all of our children be names "squishy red face" or something like that?
Everyone keeps asking what are my top names? I will share them with you. I think I am not too easily influenced, but I will take all thoughts into consideration. I just do not like answers like well you can not name her that, there was an awful girl in my 5th grade class named that. That is the worst reason I have ever heard. So if you do have that reason behind one of the names please keep it to yourself. Some of my concerns are popularity of names. I like a lot of popular names for right now, but not because they are popular. I do not want her to be in class with 15 other girls with her same name, but a few will not hurt too much I suppose.
With out further adieu here they are in no particular order:
Alexis Call her Lexie or just name her Lexie
Chloe
Alyssa
Addison
Katelyn
Jocelyn
Madelyn possibly spelt Madilyn
Isabella we would call her Bella and no not because of my twilight obsession that is what I would have named Parker if he was a girl and that was way before twilight came into my life!
I have included a poll to the right if you simply want to vote, or leave a comment to share your thoughts and reasoning.
13 comments:
i really like Isabella, Katelyn, Madelyn and Alexa. Also this wasn't on there but I really like Mallory too.
Good list of names, no doubt. Jocelyn has always been a favorite name of mine.
If you're worried about popularity at all though... naming a girl isabella right now is like naming a girl "ariel" in 1990. Though it is a beautiful name, there's no way around people making an association with it, especially with how big the movies are becoming (and will probably permanently be).
Oh, i was just going to add (as if my opinion holds that much weight)... that my sister's daughter is named Katelyn. I LOVE the name, and so does she- but she had no idea how popular it was and it's kind of an issue with her now. Her daughter has had at least one "katelyn" and 3 "kates" in her 3 years at school so far. She always has to go by "Katie B". She's 5 now, but it's popularity is about the same as back then.
Katelyn is an awesome name! LOL. That is what we just named our girl, but just a different spelling.
oooh....i love talking names! i lay awake at night thinking about what all my kids could be named. i think tate was 2 days old when i started asking rick about names i liked...he asked me to please stop...i like your list! addison was a top contender for our baby #2, so we really like that one. good luck and have fun!
I really like the names Madelyn, Alexa and Katelyn. So cute, I like Bella but that might be the IT name for the next while. I am not in love with the other names but they are definitely not bad names either. Which ever you like most will be her name and she will be adorable!
I really like Jocelyn. If you don't end up using it, I might add it to my list!
You know I have to share my opinion! I think we did this for names with Parker too.
I totally agree with the popularity thing. You HAVE to take that into consideration. I love the name Chloe, but hate the spelling of it. Alexa is super cute and I love Lexie. I think Alyssa is a good, solid, classic name that is beautiful. Addison and Addi are darling, you know I like that, but also a little popular. Katelyn is cute, but too popular. Jocelyn I think is awful!! No offence, just a bad association with it. Madelyn is so cute and not as popular as I thought it was when I named Adeline. I would spell it Madilyn though because then you can just do Madi. I wish I would've spelt Adeline Adilyn and just done Adi.
So there's my two cents! Take it or leave it.
And here are some names I love, but John won't let me use (it's ok if you hate them)
Tatum (I know you probably hate it)
Tessa (Tess- so cute)
Brynnlie (might still use it, not sure if it's too close to Bailey. Also cute as Brynn)
Ellery (might us this too. I like Elle and Ellie, but think they are just nicknames, so this is a good full name)
Cameron (it's my sisters name and we call her Cami and I think it's so cute)
Kamdin (this is also another one I could do and use the nickname Kami)
Kimberly (just beautiful- haha JK)
What about Autumn? You always liked that. Even Winter would be so cute! If she has that pale skin and dark hair like Parker, it will be perfect!
I voted for Addison. I like it best. And I am with your friend Kim on Lexie. Very cute!
If this little tyke were a girl we were going to go with Norah or Scarlett. Just thought I'd share!
Good luck! It gets tougher with each one, in my opinion.
I agree with the spelling on Madilyn, that is cute and I love Lexie t hat is probably what I would call her anyways, so I might as well name her that. thanks everyone for your imput!
okay, I'd say chloe is my favorite. I don't like any of the others too much, but I love brynn.
I voted for Madilyn. I think it is a timeless name. Our lists were nearly the same from what I picked from for Kate. I was indeed concerned about popularity, but I have loved the name Kate since we got married 9 years ago - so I stuck with it! Oh well. We almost named her Alexis so we could call her "Lexi" but my sister ruined that name for me by saying that she'd be called "Sexy-Lexie" in High school. Good luck - names are fun!
Good name choices...good luck! I agree with you on picking a name before they are born. I can't wait to hear what you guys decide.
Post a Comment