Tuesday, August 4, 2009

our new addition

Around the first of the month I woke up one morning and had a bowl of cereal it tasted odd to me. I determined it was because the milk was not very cold. Then Dan came downstairs after eating his cereal to check the milk (I forgot to tell him my theory before he ate it too) it was indeed not very cold. as a matter of fact nothing in the fridge was very cold. oh no. Dan tore apart the fridge checked stuff and determined he didn't know what was wrong, the freezer was working fine but the fridge wasn't so we called the repair man and he said ok quick fix. it didn't work and neither did the other five "quick fixes" he tried. After two hours of diagnosing he said the worst thing a refrigerator repairman can say "There is nothing I can do for your fridge you need a new one."
Dan researched the best fridge in the style we wanted and found the top rated one from consumer reports and we luckily found it in stock, but they only had the floor model and it could not be delivered until the next day around 2.
At least our freezer was working we had moved almost everything there, but had to throw lots away. unfortunately the next morning when we woke up the freezer was not working too, the top half was all defrosted. I again had to throw away so much food. thankfully our neighbor had lots of room in hers and we filled it up with the remaining stuff.
now we have a new fridge I really like it a lot. The only thing I miss is the water and ice in the door, but after all of Dans reading that is always the first thing to break on fridges anyway.

No comments: