Saturday, August 15, 2009

parker 2.5


Parker is 2 1/2 this is almost 1 month late but I wanted to record a few things about Parker during this time in his life.

He loves to read books in his bed. favorites right now are anything curious George, a fire engine book and a few dr. suess books. for the past month in a half I have been the reader of choice. very rarely will he let dan read to him. Probably because I spent so much time alone with him in California. Do not get me wrong he would much rather be with his dad all day unless I am going somewhere fun. it is always a struggle to remove Parker from Dans legs.
He sleeps in his room every night in his big bed. He likes the door left open, he screams like crazy when you shut it (locked) that only happeneds when he comes out of his room after being tucked in. He would love it if we always fell asleep next to him, but he has to be able to fall asleep on his own, but I am a sucker for mommy lease sleep with me and pats the pillow. he goes to bed between 9-10 latley, much later than we would like, but no matter what time we start laying him down that is when he falls asleep and he wakes up between 6:30-7:30. He takes his naps around 12:30- 3.
He loves tv and would watch it all day if we let him. we have been great about doing very little TV since we came home from California it was an easy transition. The only show he really asks for is the ah-ah show (monkey noise for curious George) He also likes kung fu panda and weirdly enough the wizard of Oz, not sure why it does not freak him out!
He still has all the same allergies no dairy, soy, wheat, nuts or strawberries and new discovery poppy seeds. He really likes most foods though: bananas when he gets up then alternate oatmeal and eggs with sausage. for lunch he loves lunch meat, chicken nuggets and hot dogs and broccoli or green beans and some fruit. and dinner he eats whatever. Veggies first he loves them! He usually just does not want to sit still enough to eat at dinner not that he doesn't want to eat. so he eats about half at the table and then I can no longer contain him most of the time and he will run around and stop back by for bites. not the best but at least he eats. he likes to have cold colds (Popsicle) for dessert if he eats his dinner, or rice crispy treats, two desserts that fit into his diet.
He loves trains. we bought him a Thomas set and keep it upstairs he is now liking to play up there all the time. he doesn't really need our help and it keeps him occupied for a long time. everywhere we go we have to take trains with us too.

He loves animals, going to the park, playing in the water,He is a great climber, he loves to be around other kids too, but doesn't always want to play with them. He learned how to peddle his bike recently and loves to ride it, play on the computer, or help me with anything in the kitchen I like to let him help me cook, it is way messier and slower but we have fun together. He loves being a brother too. Of course now using the potty too.
He remembers everything we ever talk about. He can count to 12 minus the 9, he always forgets that one. he knows most shapes, tons of colors, can sing lots of his ABC's and can identify some letters. He talks quite well now many sentneces and phrases. my favoirte is love you mommy and sugars...(kisses). oh he melts my heart everyday. I just love this little boy. Now that I have Bella it makes me reflect back on him when he was young and see how much he has grown I can not believe not that long ago he was my baby boy, now he is my big boy. He is a huge handful, but worth every second of it. I can not wait to see him keep growing and learning it is so amazing!
I know there must be tons more but this should be good for now.

No comments: