The other night while corralling Parker in to his room for bed, I was chasing him around and caught him by the hand. at that time he began to laugh so hard, I kept going on about how I "got him" but then I looked down and he was actually crying and holding his arm. oh no what did I do? I didn't think I grabbed his hand too hard, but he was hysterical. My first thought as that maybe his elbow was out of socket so I tried to move it and it hinged just fine. but he was still crying very very hard. the crying didn't stop for about 20 minutes. I made him some chocolate milk and turned on curious george. He calmed down, but during that time he never let go of his arm and every once in a while made painful whimpering sounds.
we were not sure what to do. we didn't think it was bad enough to go to the emergency room, and the doctors and urgent care centers were all closed. I gave him some Tylenol and we tried to go to sleep. while reading books he folded his little arms and said, " lets pray to make it all better" A few weeks ago when he had an allergic reaction to some food he was very itchy and I gave him medicine and told him we would pray and that would help him feel better. I guess he remembered and I thought it was so cute. he went and got his dad and we said the prayer. He eventually settled down and fell asleep. the next morning he said I prayed my arm all better. so then he said a prayer to say thank you. what a sweet little boy and what a lesson to all of us that when we need help we should pray, and when that prayer is answered we need to say thank you. * Pray always*
3 comments:
How adorable!
out of the mouths of babes comes the truth. What a great reminder. Thanks for sharing that.
That is so sweet! It is so neat that our children can teach us the lesson sometimes.
Post a Comment