So I was on a search for a fabric I loved. I wanted it cute, feminine, but something she could grow with, (no princesses) in the color palate of green and pink. Her walls were already a pale pink so the main color could not be pink too, just too much. After weeks of searching online I walked in to a local home decorating fabric store and saw a green floral and a striped pattern that coordinated. I loved them it would be perfect. Then I walked right next store to TJMaxx homegoods with my samples to see if I saw anything for accessories that would go well and they had this chair (below)
that was the EXACT same fabric that I brought with me!!! SCORE! I could not believe it, I was actually giddy walking up to the register with the chair, it is a little child sized chair, that I knew I could not live with out. it was meant to be. I honestly had been going into that store for months at least once a week I never saw it before or after. I had to have it.. Dan needed a bit more convincing, but he finally came around.
here is the bed. We made her headboard and it was quite easy dan cut a large piece of plywood into the shape i drew out for him them had a padding I stapled to the board then covered with batting and fabric and stapled into place. it was pretty easy all in all and cheap too I think this only cost about $25 to make.
then for the comforter I found one i wanted on Land of Nod
but it did not come in white and I really wanted white, again pink would have been way too much for the room. It is a duvet cover that way it is easy to wash, yes I know it will get dirty... I found a great twin duvet at macy's on clearance for $11 it was great. Then I had a new flat king sheet that i got for $1.50 to use to make the ruffles. I have a lady hear who does some sewing for me because I suck at at and she is really reasonable. I gave her the duvet and the sheet and she made all the ruffles and sewed it all together in a just a few days. so much better than me stressing over it and it not turning out. This looks so much better in person, it is perfect.
bedspread
valences
i love her dresser it is old heavy and so nice got it on craigslist for a steal.
from the windows looking back
from her desk (that you never see) looking to her dress up closet
Bella on her big girl bed! Notice the chandelier hanging behind her it is hard to see here, but I love it. My Mother in law Kay bought it for me when i was pregnant with Bella and it never got hung in our old house or here until now. it was a little of a pain and Dan did not like it and didn't want to mess with it so one weekend while he was gone I took it upon myself to do it. I even spliced wires and put n a rotary switch on the cord to turn it on and off instead of plugging it in every time. I LOVE IT!
from the door looking in.
the original chair. I didn't like the black metal so I took it apart and painted the metal while i was so nervous how it would turn out, but I think it looks much better in the room. it doesn;t stand out so much as it did before.
her mobile. I wanted something a little different than dangling bears that play music. I saw one just liek this in pottery barn kids catalog but it was just a prop and they didn't sell it. it probably would have been over priced anyways, but nothing I couldn't do with a Styrofoam wrath and dolor store flowers.
from the bottom looking up.


2 comments:
It's all so cute! I LOVE it!
Wow! I love it! so cute!
Post a Comment