Monday, December 24, 2007

11 months old

Well on Friday Parker turned 11 months old. I can not believe that! wow this past year has went by so fast. he is still my baby boy. I think it helps me not to think of him so big because he is small. I have no pictures to commemorate this event because he is sick. he looks awful and did not want to remember this awful time. Last week before we left he went over an played with our neighbors on Friday. On Sunday when we went to say goodbye to them they said the kids had come down with scarlet fever!!!! What, didn't the pioneers die from that?? crazy. Well Parker seemed fine until about Wednesday our first whole day in California. I am glad I knew that was what her kids had so I looked up the symptoms of it and sure enough what Parker had. we went to the Doctor to get an antibiotic and it was true Parker has Scarlet Fever. He had an awful runny nose, runny eyes, strep throat and an awful prickly rash on his back. he looks so pitiful. On Thursday and friday his eyes were so swollen and full of mucus he could hardly see. We would wipe them clean every few minutes, but it would fill back up. He offically hates having his face wiped. he cries when he sees us pick up a tissue. It has been so sad. I wish I could take it from him and have me be sick instead of him. He doesn't understand, he just wants to play, but feels bad. He will not let me set him down, he gets so sad... I hope I am not creating awful habits, but I feel so bad for my baby boy. He is feeling a little better. but not fully. He is not contagious anymore which is good, but I hope he has a good first Christmas! I hope you all have a Merry Christmas too!

1 comment:

VoNique said...

All I know about Scarlet Fever is that's what Gil had in Anne of Avonlea. Is it still dangerous nowadays? Is the antibiotic helping? Poor little guy!