Today we went to the Meridian city Christmas parade. We got a good spot on the sidewalk and watched the parade. Parker seemed to enjoy it at first then got very sleepy and wondered why all these cars were going by and everyone waving at him. The kids did seem to enjoy it too, Logan really liked the firetrucks and motorcycles. It was an ok parade, well actually it was pretty lame. Just a lot of classic cars, which are fine at a car show, but here there were too many and just a few little floats. the whole time we kept saying on the last car Santa Claus will come, well one last boy scout group drove by and then directly behind them was 4 massive street cleaning trucks. I wondered why are they in the parade? They weren't the parade was OVER!! So we got the kids off the street fast so we didn't get run over and left. NO SANTA! What Christmas parade has no Santa? Whatever, it was fun, cold but fun! This may not be a new Christmas tradition in the Goggins home.



2 comments:
I can not believe there was not SANTA! I remember when I was little and the parades were mostly floats...it seems like now it is just advertising for themsleves...no real float. Times have changed...now I sound OLD!
Cute pics!
I am proud of you for telling the real story of the parade... I was expecting a fake happy version, because you moved to a place with parades like that. I dont think you would find that in California... love ya :)
Post a Comment