Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Cereal stock up


So my great sister-in-law informed me about a cereal sale they were having today at Albertsons. when you buy 7 boxes of the Kellogg's cereal you get $10 off they come to .24 cents each. All together I bough 49 boxes (increments of 7) for $11.75. Not bad huh. I were to have bought those boxes at $2.75 each ( around regular price). Some probably would have cost more than that. It would have been $134.75. I saved $123!! I would have bought more, but they mainly expire in a bout a year. I figure on average 1 box per week and that brings us to next year. AT least I can say for my food storage I have a year supply of cereal. I need to work on the rest!
The sale goes tilt he 25th or till supplies run out. which could be soon!

6 comments:

Allie said...

That such a great deal I need to go do it if there's any left probably not though in provo! Remember when we used to get 6 newspapers for the sunday coupons that was nuts I could never cut that many coupons it took hours

Jenna said...

I'll have to see if they have the same deal at our local Albertson's. I love Frosted Mini-Wheats. Thanks for letting us know! : )

Nicole said...

What, how did you do that...the frist set that I bought was $12.39. Then I had to pay 2.39 for each one after that. Did I do something wrong? I bought 42 boxes and spent about 20 bucks. When I went to Ontario on Wen. I only had to pay 1.86 because of no tax. I still have a $10 off coupoun, I should use it.I am not complaining! Anyway, I am happy for you!!!

Elizabeth M said...

i am impressed! it sounded too complicated to me at the time (pathetic excuse, i know).

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

You can never have too much cereal! Cereal out here is like $4 a box so I could have really saved some money.

Anonymous said...

we don't have albertson's anymore... I wonder if it is the same at the place that bought them out here? you get a big GOOD JOB for that one.