My little guitar hero....
Dan came back last night from his business trip to Dallas. He left Thursday morning and it has been a long weekend. The first night he was gone Parker went down just fine while Dans mom was here watching him while I was a at a scouts banquet. Then he woke up around 11:30 just as I had gotten to sleep and he stayed up until 2. I so wanted Dan home that night!! It was weird, Parker knew his dad was gone and I had left him that night too and I would lay him down and he would start to fall asleep and then jerk his head up and see if I was still there. So I spent the whole night standing next to his crib, because every time I would walk away (thinking he was asleep) he started crying. That going down pattered has continued through the weekend. I finally realized he would keep doing it and never fall asleep so I had to just leave the room and let him cry and withing 10 minutes he was sleeping. But when he did cry it was the saddest and maddest cry ever, like do not leave me. It really broke my heart.
Parker truly missed his daddy too. He would walk to the bottom of the stairs like he always does and call dadda, da, da and then go up. we would walk into his office still calling his name and then look in and not see him. So sad...
We did make it through the weekend though. I am really scared to be home alone, but I braved it and tried not to over analyzes ever noise I head. I watched a few good movies and a lot of Gilmore Girls! On Saturday I went out to lunch with Dans mom and sister and then went to a model home furniture store which was fun. Then came home and got ready for a girls night I had planned. I invited a few girls over for movies and games. I was afraid no one would come, but I ended up with a good turn out. I think there were 8 of us. They were mainly girls I had met at church here who are also young mothers. I really like them all. I am glad they came. We really didn't do much all night just talked and snacked on some food and play one game of apples to apples and then before we knew it, it was after midnight. I felt bad it wasn't more structured, but I had fun just talking. So thank you to all of you who came and kept me company while I was home alone. I appreciate it!


Dad came home very late last night so when Parker woke up this morning Dan went in so he could see him first and they were both so excited! It was sweet to see my boys reunited again!
On a side note just so I do not forget a few cute things Parker has done lately: He really likes feeding himself now and when he does I sit there and I saw can mom have a bite and I open my mouth and he thinks it is so funny and gets a ton of food on his spoon ( always does this though, even if there is a bite on it he goes back and loads it up) and tries to shove his spoon in my mouth. I always pretend to eat it, but earlier he had good aim and I was too slow and I got a mouthful. At least it was diced pears and cottage cheese. it could have been much worse.
He also tonight in the tub was playing with his cup. I use it to rinse him off, he uses it to turn on facet and fill up for a tub drink. He actually always drinks from the faucets. he just laps it up. Anyways I asked him if he could put the cup on his head and I pointed to it and he did. I was very surprised he understood me. He continued to. It was quite cute. I also have been trying to teach him his animals and their noises, but he just does a growl for ever animal. Today at story time at the library, the song leader always comes up at the Oh and one last thing, Lately when I go into his room after I have laid him down when he hasn't fallen asleep as soon as he sees me he throws himself down int he crib and lies there and smiles at me, like look mom I am sleeping!! It cracks me up every time. Where does he learn this stuff? funny funny boy!
I have taught Parker to blow kisses and the sign for wanting to eat. So he walks around like this all day long, I take that as he wasn't kisses, but it is probably food...I wish I had more pictures of Parker, but he is so obsessed with the camera as soon as I hold it up to take a picture he ruins for it and then cries because he wants it, so most pictures are of him throwing a fit.
2 comments:
Cute pictures and stories! I'm glad Dan's back so you don't have to be scared anymore! = ) (I know, I do it too when Jared's gone.)
Hey there Nicole, Dan & Parker,
This is your cousin Rachel from Cincinnati. I was visiting your darling blog -- so cute -- and has to leave a quick comment.
I just started a blog for our family today (it's quite amatuer but I'm hoping to catch on quickly) and was wondering if you would mind if I link your blog to ours. I am hoping to use our blog as a way to keep in touch with family all over the county.
Let me know what you think. I hope you are all staying healthy and warm this time of year.
Thanks,
Rachel
Post a Comment