
Since we moved into our home here in Meridian I have begun watching Gilmore girls. They showed re-runs on Abc family. I had never seen most of them before, but what I had seen I really liked. Since we now had DVR I would record them and watch one every now and again. Then it was just getting too slow for me. only one day (M-F) I needed more. I rented the seasons from the library to catch up. But then it became an obsession. This is what I did at night after Parker went to sleep. I justified it by nothing else being on TV anyways and it was a good clean show for the most part. especially compared to all the garbage that was on. So between the library and a friend who has all the seasons I finished the series. IT has 7 seasons and about 22 episodes every season. I watched the last two last night. I caught myself a little teary eyed at the end. It has been so much fun to watch. I was caught up in their lives. You have to be in the right kind of mood to watch this show and the right kind of person. Not a show you can watch while doing other noisy things. it is all in the talking. if you do not hear it, you miss it. There is an extreme amount of talking. On one of the DVD extras they said their scripts are an average 15 pages longer than normal shows. A lot of talking an fast. they actually hired for them a speech coach to help them with lines and speed.

I know this show has been called Gabmore Girls or Banter babe, by some who are not as attached to show like my husband for example ( who is very excited they are over), but to those people I'd mount an impassioned defense of the series' many charms, among them its, well, charm; its witty, brainiac female characters and their emotionally complex relationships; hypercaffeinated repartee worthy of Hepburn and Tracy; and a pop-culture literacy that revealed itself in tiny, often hilarious (if you got the joke) ways. Not to mention the invention of a small-town idyll -- Stars Hollow --
So long my friends, Gilmore Girls it's been fun.
6 comments:
I know you copied that last part from the back cover... but I won't tell anyone.
I didn't get it from the back cover.... but I did get a few well written lines from an article i found online.
I've watched a few episodes here and there and have loved them so my goal for this upcoming summer while Caleb is at work (since we all know he will have no desire to watch it) is to watch the whole season start to finish. I'm super excited!
I loved Gilmore Girls and was so sad when it ended, but Casey didn't share my opinion either.
cole... don't worry we'll practice the fast talk and pop this summer when your home for a WHOLE month. You know i'll be alone in the new apt... so you'll have to stay over sometimes.
My sisters loved this show, but I never got into it, but after reading your review, I think I might, it sounds pretty good!
Post a Comment