Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter Eggstravaganza



We had fun this morning will some of our Easter activities. First we had a ward easter egg hunt and brunch. They said itiwill begin at 9 and they weren't kidding we got there at 9:03 and it was over. So we stood in line FREEZING for some fruit and cinnamon rolls and visited with friends.

My fruit platter, I love all the colors so I had to take a picture.

Our friends Naoki and Yoko and their son Coze came with us for them to have a little Easter traditions. Who knew it was going to be so cold this morning. I guess I could have dressed warmer, but oh well.
Then we were off to our neighborhood hunt. we were early for that one so we got pictures with the Easter Bunny and in front of the Fire truck.
Parker really like the hunt too. He picked up lots of eggs and stuck them in his basket. it was so fun to watch. after the area cleared we dumped his eggs out over and over and he picked them up again. And once more when we got home on the living room floor. So Cute. They had little juice boxes there with snack and I gave Parker an apple juice and to my surprise he drank the whole thing by sucking on the straw. I had no idea he could suck on a straw, so I was impressed. He loved it too.
Coze had fun as well. He got lots of eggs and seemed to enjoy himself. We bought him a easter basket with a chocolate bunny inside. I told them that was a traditional thing too. It is so fun to introduce people to our culture. The woman Yoko wants me to cook for her again so this week she will come over and I will teach her how to make my "American" dishes.

3 comments:

Kim said...

We have had about 5 mini easter egg hunts this week. My kids love it too! Same thing, dump eggs all over and they put them in their baskets. So funny.
Can't believe it was cold there! So sad. I wish Easter was later this year.
by the way...I left you a comment to the comment you left on my last post. Check it out, it's funny!

VoNique said...

Cute pictures. Parker is so cute! Your fruit salad looks wonderful! That platter looks familiar. I'm going to call the new belgian springs owners and tell them you were holding out on 'em. = )

Allie said...

Parker is so cute!! I love the fruit salad too I really want to eat it! It looks like Parker had a lot of fun! You look so skinny too I'm jealous!