Monday, June 16, 2008

girls night out!


On Friday night Matt. Our brother-in-law took his boys on a father son camp out. So that left Abbie at home with her mom Emily, they invited me and Grandma Goggins over for a girls night. We went to Johnny Carinos for dinner. I had never been there before, but I thought the food was good. I had shrimp Scampi. Yum! Then we went back to Emily's and we were going to watch a girl movie. They choose Anne of Green Gables. Abbie thought she had seen it before she was telling us at dinner she has red hair, she lives in an orphanage she has a dog. We were all agreeing til the dog, part. I did not remember a dog. oh and she said she sings a lot. I should have recognized what she was talking about, my favorite movie of all time "ANNIE" she was close.
Anne of G. G. was good as always. I never watched this movie as a little girl. I had actually never heard of it til I went to college and my roommates had me watch it. it is a great movie. I am glad I never saw it as a girl though I think I would have been much more self conscious of my red hair.
We watched all four hours of this movie. I forgot how long it was, and poor Abbie was so tired. She was trouper though. she watched it all. She liked it too. She is such a sweet girl. She will be eight this summer! I love being her Aunt!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: