Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Most embarrassing moment...of the day!

This morning after having lunch I decided to start on my dessert for tonight, we were having my best friend Becca and her family over for dinner they are visiting from Cali. anyways I wanted to make the dessert ahead of time. it was the molten chocolate cakes from chili's, my rendition of that. Which was so good by the way recipe to follow. Well the cakes were done and I was heating the chocolate fudge topping in the microwave. when I opened it up I realized the chocolate had somehow bubbled up out of the jar and all over. so with no other reasonable idea for removing the mess I beginning scrapping it off with a spoon and eating it. gross I know, but so good at the same time. so I poured it in my cakes then put them in the freezer. I began working on the lasagna when I realized I was missing an important ingredient I thought I had. so I loaded Parker in the car and we were off. I rushed through the store to get home I had a ton of stuff to do still. Then I saw a lady we know from story time at the library we talked for a few minutes and I talked to the people in line nothing out of the ordinary. After I loaded Parker back in the car I look in my rear view mirror to pull out of my parking spot to notice something on my face. I adjusted the mirror so I could see and yes it is true I had a chocolate ring all around my mouth, from my hot fudge. Just like the kind kids get after eating chocolate anything. I always wonder how in the world it gets on their faces like that, but I guess it is not only for kids. I was mortified. I went in public looking like a complete fool. Note to self, look in mirror after shoving my face with food. sigh....
this is probably similar to how I looked. (mind you this is parker after just half of one chocolate covered pretzel!)

5 comments:

Allie said...

Thats hilarious! I'm laughing again! I love the pic of Parker and thinking thats how you looked!!! I'm sure it wasn't that bad! I would of loved to have seen you at the store like that!

VoNique said...

I want a picture of you! You should have taken one! Maybe you can reenact the day for us! = )

VoNique said...

Ooooh, and yes, please post the recipe! = )

Emily said...

You are so funny! It is nice sometimes to here of other people embarrassing themselves. I know I do it often enough for myself.

Anonymous said...

I believe you because that is how you looked in high school after lunch most days.
J/K...or am I???