Monday, June 16, 2008
Zoo Boise
We also went to the Zoo with Becca and girls and Karen and her girls. I am not the biggest animal lover, so I was a little anxious. Behind bars or glass makes it much better, but still. Anyways Parker loves animals so I braved it for him. We were only in the zoo a few minutes and we walk up to a reptile exhibit and they had animals on the lawn. FREE TO ROAM! a few turtles. that is okay. I would not touch it , but still okay, then my eye darts over to a white creature slithering through the grass. I FREAKED OUT, screamed, panicked did a little dance and ran away. Becca knowing my fears looks right at me to see my reaction. the zoo keeper lady says, oh that is just a legless lizard. Excuse me, I am not that dumb. what is a lizard with out legs... a snake. somehow it did easy my fears as I slowly crept past it. I looked it up when I got home, sure enough, it was a legless lizard. whatever it was it scared the hebejebess out of me!
With my pulse still racing we went on to the next area. there was a huge giraffe slide. my fearless son, ran right to it. I walked up the steep ladder with him, sat him on the slide so I could sit down too and go with him. but he was too fast for me and went shooting down the slide. it was FAST! Becca said his eyes went huge, but he liked it. (picture to follow, it is on her camera)
Then we saw a huge turtle over 80 years old that is incredible. Parker loved seeing the animals when the glass was right up to them he could stand so close and the animals would come up too. there was this little marmoset ( think) and it kept scratching the glass so fast in front of him and Parker through it was hilarious. He also really liked a spider monkey in the rainforest room. it came right up to the glass too. I was a little sad there were no real giraffe or elephants. I kept telling Parker about them. the tiger was asleep, but we saw a few other cool things as well. my favorite was the zebra. it was so pretty. it strangely made me want to redecorate my house with Zebra print. is that wrong after visiting the zoo?
All in all it was good trip. we will go often. it only took about 2 hours to make our way through the zoo. Parker was pooped by the end of the day. as soon as we got in the car he was out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment