Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New year!!!


In celebration of New years and MY 500th blog post I would like to hold a giveaway!! My friend Cristy did this for her 100th post and I thought it was cute idea.


Tomorrow I am making a family tradition recipe of "good luck soup" to ring in the new year. My grandma Adele makes it every year. Since I am not there to be with her and enjoy it I thought I would start this tradition here.

What do you do to bring good luck in the year to come?
You can leave a comment on my blog with a good luck tradition you have or a new years resolution and I will choose one person at random and you will get sent a special surprise tailored just for you!!! enter by next Thursday January 7th! Anyone can enter even if you are just browsing my blog!!
One entry per person... GOOD LUCK!


Good luck soup recipe on my food blog.

13 comments:

R @ Rebecca's Roundup said...

Yay! Happy New Year to you too! My good luck tradition is to mentally let go of things in the year past and make a list of blessings and good things I have to look forward to the next year, as well as my resolutions. Nothing feels as good as getting a fresh start!

Student Entrepreneur said...

Happy New Years!! Hope you are liking your new house!! I am so excited to find your blog!!

Corrie- said...

What a fun tradition! This year I am going to do what's best for my family. Sometimes I put my job first, and I need to remember my husband at home! Happy 2010!

Melissa said...

What goes in Good Luck soup? It sounds fun! I think the best way to bring luck is to stay positive and work hard. What else can you do? Much love! Hope you have a wonderful 2010! Mwah!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see your new house, Nicole! I hope everything is going well. I'll call you soon. Good luck, huh? Well, I think good things come from choosing and doing good things. It's hard work taking care of kids and a husband, being healthy, exercising, service, etc. etc. But that's life.

Jamie said...

Yay... I'd like to get a job this year- goal-> before I graduate !!

VoNique said...

One of my goals is to keep up on my blog!! (That was one I didn't really get to check off from last year. =)

Jared and Krista Ulmer said...

Fun giveaway!! I'm going to embrace my future and continue on working on a better me. Jared and I like to write a list of new years resolutions down together and help each other keep up and work on them. I hope you guys have a great 2010! Love you all!

Elizabeth M said...

I always have to have a smooch at midnight! As for goal..I am going to kick trash in my classes and make bar review!

The Wilkes said...

Hey! Sounds fun! My resolution is to lose all this baby weight...once the baby comes of course!

Portraits by Linda said...

Nicole I Love You So Much, I am so happy that I have been blessed with such a special daughter as you. Thank you for being my friend. And please thank Dan for being such a Great Dad and Husband and for posting the You-Tube on Bella crawling.
Love, Mom
PS. I think that we make our own Luck, but that Father in Heaven can and does bless us with the things we are in need of if we will but do what he asks.

Allie said...

one of my goals is to get in shape and lose my baby weight. i think ive had this since madie but im hoping to really do it this time. great idea btw!

Sarah said...

Nicole! I love that you are doing this. So fun. Thats really awesome too about your Grandmothers tradition of good luck soup. I'll have to try it out sometime. As far as New years resolutions, I have quite a few but one of my big ones is to spend more time with my kids and Adam and less time on the internet! :-) I tend to get sucked into facebook and blogs and really want to focus more on whats most important in my life! :-) Sure love you guys!