
this area is connected to our kitchen and dining area, all one big great room. The space on the right has cable hook ups for a TV is 62 inches wide and 72" tall and on the left it is 68" wide and 72" inches tall. it is such a hard space for my to visualize. we do want a tv in this room, but I feel like it would be so off balance and then what would I put in the left side hole to balance it. The area above the mantle has stone ledges built out, so nothing can go over that. (Like a tv) What do I put in the area below, baskets with storage for toys? this area keeps me up at night. we move in soon..
the only thing we have done so far is paint this room it is a light olive color, so the front of the unit is painted but the inside is still white.
7 comments:
my brother and sister in law have a set up kind of similar to this. Their tv is on the right also. However they have shelves all the way up on the left. One thing I think you could do is put a larger painting or picture of some kind in the open space and varying heights of decor on the shelf. As you know, I'm not a decorator, but that's probably one thing I would at least try if I were in this situation. Good luck! Can't wait to see what you come up with.
that was probably my closest idea was a painting and some other tall candle sticks, vases etc...
thanks
I think I would hang the TV over the fireplace. It would drive me nuts to have it assymetrical. Then you can do anything cute on the other sides.
Just my thoughts...
there are stones that stick out above the mantel in random spots, like 5 inches deep the tv would be on top of those shelves so far away from the way and would have to be drilled into the stone.... I would like it too dan says it can not happen....
I really like the tall candle sticks idea. And I think baskets underneath for blankets and toys would be perfect!
So did you tell me you're moving and I just forgot!?! So you're renting out your other place then?
I din't know you guys where moving? Where are you going? Look forward too seeing the end result.
I like the picture idea as well. It would be my excuse to invest in a really nice piece about the same size as your TV. If they were the same size and shape it would still balance every thing out.
Post a Comment