Sunday, December 6, 2009

picking paint

We could not find a blue that we loved. we had every blue swatch from every paint store on the floors and then we found it, the right color bought a sample can (thank goodness not the gallon) and tried a patch, yuck. okay find another color, paint, yuck and so on and so on... it was getting old how could these little 2" squares be so deceiving of what it would look like on our wall. then we thought try something way different and nope that is not what we were looking for either.
Then on my friend Allisons' blog she had a great blue wall in the background of some of her pictures. I asked if she might know what color it was and she said it was Shore from Restoration hardware. Wonderful.
I looked it up online and they could send me a sample can but it would take 10 days to recieve it and we needed it now and cost over $10 to see if it was a color I wanted. plan B call dad there is a Restoration hardware by them in Roseville, he went to the store so he could get a color swatch take it to home depot have them color match it and get the formula them tell it to me and I take that to my home depot and then they make a sample can and then paint it on my wall. It was a very thought out plan, if I do not say so myself. He goes... they do not carry that color anymore... what... discontinued ( i am still not convinced, maybe it was just that store) he gets a cloud blue color (looks like a little boys room) out of luck again...... Until I was talking to one of my best friends Becca who is my own personal interior designer and she looks in her "book" a binder of complied ideas, swatches, plans of everything she has liked since she was like 12... And low and behold she had the color sample of Shore. And her grandparents who lived in Boise just happened to be visiting Roseville and driving home in the morning. talk about service huh, I did not even have to pay to have it over-nighted, so the next night dan went to their house picked up the swatch drove to home depot and painted the sample. We love it!! Or at least we think we do considering all the work that went behind getting it. we have to love it we are done choosing blue paint colors. But no really I think we will love it. I am exhausted just thinking about that ordeal again.
A huge thanks to everyone who took place in our paint picking shenanigans.

enlarge to see full ridiculousness

No comments: