Well on June 30th we went to our cousin Jennifer's Baptism. We really enjoyed the company there and the sweet spirit too. Congratulations Jennifer!!
Then on the First of July we went to our good friends the Jonas's for their baby Bailey blessing. Another sweet experience. She is a beautiful little girl and she has come to a great family!
Then for the 4th of July we just relaxed here during the day and tried to stay cool then went with some other friends the Erkelens to her parents house up in Draper. They have a nice house up on the hill that overlooks the entire valley, what a view. We BBQ there and played games and then watched all of Salt Lake valleys firework displays. We could see so many different shows. it was so cool.
*** For the highlight of my week*** Last night I had a chocolate fountain event in Tooele which is the town right next to where my brother Eric is serving his mission about 85 miles from my house. I told him I would be there and he said he got permission from the mission President for me to stop by their apartment that night. On Saturday morning he had contacted one of the families in his area who have been in contact with my mom and said that for what ever reason it would not work and I could see them later. I was beyond bummed!!! I was going to go to the store buy him groceries and stuff to bring him, so the lady who called mom said I could drop them off there at her house. So after my wedding I drove towards Grantasville. In the meantime I was on the look out for a grocery store. Eric always talks of shopping at walmart so we figured there was one in Granstville. I could see no commercial anything in Grantsville just farm land and a few residential plots. Mom had given my directions to the ladies house from map quest. I went down so many gravel, dirt, sand roads to get there it was quite comical actually. Finally I got close to her house when I see a car driving towards me that had two guys in it, I thought, oh wouldn't that be great is that was Eric. IT WAS!!! We both turned around parked the car and ran towards each other. What a sweet surprise!!! I guess they had a change in plans and were waiting for me at the families house and when I was lost and drove by it they ran after me. I was so happy! I still had found no store, so I was empty handed, I just gave him a CD with hymns on it and lots of pictures of Parker. He looked so happy. It was amazing to just spend a few minutes with him. I am glad I didn't any longer pursue the hopes of finding a grocery store or I would have missed them. He is such a great guy and is working so hard!!! I love you Eric!!
I do not always look this gross I just finished working hard for 5 hours for the chocolate fountain and it was SO HOT!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment