They started building escapes from the escape all around on the surrounding properties. When Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette lived there that is where they liked to stay too.
Marie Antoinette wanted a peasant village, so she had her hamlet built it was truly beautiful a little village with a garden, fame and many small quaint houses. It even had a swan on the lake, it was picturesque. Luckily John had the idea to see her Hamlet first and then the palace. We knew the palace would be busy no matter what but no one would be at the other buildings yet and he was right. It was so quite in all the building that were escapes from the palace.
We walked all over the garden and by the man-made lake that once held a fleet of ships. The whole place was so completely over the top and crazy… what people do with endless money, huge imaginations and a whole country wanting to please them.
Then we made it to the palace. It was also so over the top and amazing every ceiling looked like the Sistine chapel and every room adorned with the best artwork, and tapestries. My favorite part of the palace was the Hall of mirrors. It was beautiful Kim and I joked that we would like to have our daughters wedding receptions there. That is where they signed the treaty of Versailles ending WWI… but probably started WWII.
Johns Duck with amazing sauce!!
Then home to pack we leave for London in the morning Good bye Paris I will miss you " Au revoir" !!!
2 comments:
your trip looked like so much fun!! i love your cute outfits too! I think I saw the earrings and necklace i gave you too awesome! yummy food too!
I have been following all your posts of your trip to get ideas (wishful thinking) - so I need to mention the names of the restaurants you loved, etc. I don't know if you have time - but I would really love a list of "don't miss this" and "definitely skip that" sort of thing... It looks like the trip of a lifetime!!!
Post a Comment