Tuesday, October 26, 2010

long weekend trip!

Rina had Thursday and Friday off school so we packed up and drove to see redfish lake, sun valley, ketchum and Hailey Idaho.
The drive the red fish lake was longer than we expected and very windy but very scenic.
Red fish lake in Stanley was very pretty we love the sawtooth mountains right at the water edge. the water was so clear and pretty. it was very quite there with really no one else around. I am sure it is a busy place in the summer. there were great camping spot right there at the beach. it would be very fun to camp there. that is if you liked camping.... which I do not but maybe some one else!!

Then about an hour away was ketchum and sun valley. We stayed there in ketchum and that weekend the ONLY thing going on in the valley was the Trailing of the Sheep Festival. So that night we took a gallery walk around and tasted different chefs lamb dishes. They were really good, then we went and ate where I had made reservations for us, but we were not-very hungry after all our sampling but it was pretty good and we stuck out like sore thumbs in that fancy restaurant with our two kids climbing on under and around the table. oh well.
Then we walked back to our hotel room to try and puts kids to sleep. then I remembered why we do not travel often with kids and stay in hotel rooms. it is miserable. I asked for a room they had two rooms hoping to help that problem but our rooms we next to each other and separated by a 3 food curtain and the bathroom was connected to the private room. anyways we all sat there so quite trying to get them to sleep. my kids go to bed pretty well in-there own rooms and quite this was crazy. during the night we all played musical beds, got kicked and rolled over, Parker went to the bathroom 5 times, peed in his bed twice, woke Bella up 15 times. at one point I looked at the clock to see what time it was thinking it had to be 5:30 or 6 only to see it was 1:45 it was the longest night ever. Rina was there too and in the morning she actually asked me how did I sleep and I replied I didn't. She did not wake up at all with all our commotion. there were times where both of them were crying and lights on craziness. I am glad she is sound sleeper. I will now pay any amount of money to rent a multi bedroom condo/ apartment/ suite before I attempt anything like that with small kids.
The next morning we headed to a very recommended breakfast shop it was wonderful! Then for a hike on bald mountain. It is a huge ski resort, but a ghost town in October all the summer fun has ended and there is no snow yet, but it was ok we had the mountain to ourselves. we went for a hike up and it was fun. Parker ran the whole way and tripped often over rock or branches he didn't see and I almost had a heart attach the whole time because we were right on the edge and it was a drop off below us. Bella was in the back pack she did great then we stopped to rest and she did not want back in. she wanted to walk, but we wanted to make it down before it got dark that night and in one piece so we carried her. she screamed the whole way she was so mad!!! but as soon as we were on flat safe ground she walked and the tears immediately stopped and she was so happy. It was fun to be out in nature and let the kids get dirty and have fun.
We then drove around sun valley and walked around the shopping center and pavilion and ice rink. I wish we were there in season I think it would be really fun.

Then we drove to Hailey to the festival the kids really liked seeing all the sheep we walked around all the "Wool" booths and watch music performances and see the sheep get sheared. Parker said that as his favorite part! Then we headed home for what we were not sure if it was a successful trip because it was so crazy but everyone else said they had a ton of fun, they must have forgotten how nuts it was at times. that is good at least they will have good memories.

No comments: