Monday, July 21, 2008

Birthday fun!

Well I guess my birthday fun started at the dentist last Thursday afternoon. Starting off really fun I know. Well my present from Dan was to get a little cosmetic dentistry done to my two teeth on either side of my front teeth. I received all new porcelain crowns on my front teeth last winter ( I had a teeth trauma when I was 1 and never really had front teeth, another long story for another time, just a foreshadowing there were many Christmases' of singing "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth") Since I had those new teeth I really didn't like my side teeth either they were not nearly as bad, but they were much smaller and the roots were very short and they would not be good permanently. and because my dear friend Jamie works at this office for a few more weeks before she begins nursing school I took advantage and she made her dentist feel bad for me and gave me a deal on my new porcelain veneers only $300 each instead of $1200 each, yikes. So now I have on temporaries and get my permanents on Tuesday afternoon. By temporary I mean temporary too. One is a little long and I hit it in my bite and it has fallen off a few times. We even went into in the office on Saturday while it was closed, but by that night at dinner it was gone again, so now I have some toothpaste holding it in place. Maybe I should buy fixadent:)


ON Saturday night Jamie and I went to a water park here called Sunsplash. I have not been there since our senior grad night. it was fun, it was the night slides. open from 7:30- 12 I think. we were about 10 years older than most anyone there, but it was still fun, we felt like we were young girls so excited and nervous for the upcoming slides. We lasted for about 2 hours. we got cold and the lines were really long and we went on most all the slides. it was so fun! we screamed so much, it felt good to be young again, but then felt old again as we left so early because we were cold and tired. We then drove back to her apartment to find Jeremy her fiance standing there with a birthday cake for me and candles lit and signing me happy birthday. It was so sweet of them, it was from coldstone and was a mint chocolate chip ice cream cake with chocolate covered oreos on top. so good. then we went to BJ's Brewhouse to eat. I was not even hungry, but I did eat a ton. first we started with BREWHOUSE NACHOS: Crisp corn tortilla chips over chili made with Piranha Pale Ale and topped with jack and cheddar cheeses, diced tomatoes, green onions, sliced olives and sour cream. Fire-roasted tomato salsa and sliced jalapenos.

Then Jamie and I split an appetiser pizza that was thin crust and so ridiculously good, I this even looked so good I wish there was a picture of this and the nachos. the pizza was :FRESH BASIL WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE
Mozzarella, fontina and Parmesan cheeses, fresh basil with a hint of oregano, sliced Roma tomatoes and a touch of Italian sausage.
Then Jeremy had this pizza it also was really good.
Hickory-smoked BBQ sauce, red onions, fresh Roma tomatoes, cilantro and BBQ chicken
For dessert I said I didn't want anything else because we already ate the ice cream cake but this was the reason we came to BJ's in the first place was to eat this Pizookie! so the guy brought it anyways and said we could at least eat a few bites. We finished it. this may have been the best dessert ever. I love how the cookie is a little raw in the middle. it is like chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, but better. it was called BJ'S FAMOUS PIZOOKIE®
A freshly baked, hot out of the oven, rich and delicious cookie topped with 2 scoops of vanilla bean ice cream and served in its own deep dish. chocolate chunk cookie,

We stayed out til almost midnight eating. wow I have not done that in ages. it was so nice to have freedom and be free of any responsibility.

ON Sunday morning I slept in while mom got up and watched Parker. good thing because he decided to get up his earliest yet while here at 6:15. So she played with him til I got up to get ready for church. We went to a different ward to hear our friend who just got home from her mission speak. It was great I was able to see so many people I have not seen in forever. Many since my wedding and I saw a few at my baby shower here almost 2 years ago. Parker was wild, but what else is new. We rushed home to grab a bite to eat and then leave again. I thought I would give Parker a peanut butter sandwich, that sounded easy and fun and he had never had one before. My doctor said to wait til 18 months and then try in case there was an allergy. So I take one piece of bread spread the slightest amount of peanut butter on it fold it over and hand it to him. He took it in the other room. while putting things away I heard him coughing. I run in to see him spiting the food in his mouth on the floor and rubbing his face. At first I was mad, why was he making such a mess? Then I looked at his face and it is swelling up with red blotches all over with spots. I freaked out!! I realise he is allergic to peanuts. I run to the phone tell my grandma who I was supposed to pick up in 1 minute I wasn't coming Parker had an allergic reaction and I didn't know what to do and I would go look it up. So I searched for peanut allergy on the Internet and I just found articles on the subject. Lame, so I then looked up an emergency med clinic. I found one and called to see what I should do, they said bring him in immediately. While on the phone I snapped this picture in case it went away they could see what he looked like.
I know it is not in focus. I was such a wreck I could not be still. I had no idea what would happen to him. He was just so whinny and sad. and would not stop rubbing his face and scratching himself. By the time we got to the doctors his face actually looked much worse than that. His eyes were almost swollen shut and the redness was all over and his whole face was swollen. It was so sad to see him like that. I walked him in, told them why I was there and they took one look at him and rushed him back, with a whole room of waiting patients. The nurse took vitals and many doctors came in discussing what to do. They finished their tests and realized he was getting enough oxygen so that meant his throat had not closed up. He was too small for a shot of what ever, so they said to get some over the counter benedryl. that was easy enough. by the time we actually got the medicine the redness had got pretty much away. He came home took a long nap and then was fine for the rest of the night. Thank goodness. I am glad it was not any worse. He seems to be able to be around it, just not consume it. I will always have to tell everyone I meet to to never give my child peanut butter, but it isn't all that uncommon now. Many people even ask. If you are reading this please never give Parker any peanut butter. Thanks, well that took care of lots of people.
After that I was just tired and a little shook up. I made a salad and we headed to grandma Adele's house for my birthday dinner. She made her famous pasta sauce. next year I should tell her I would love my present to be 5 gallon buckets full of her meat sauce. it is that good! honestly the best sauce I have ever had. no other sauce even compares at all. And she marinated flank steak and we grilled them and also grilled eggplant, zucchini and onions, we had spinach and salad and bread. it was so good. Dinner was wonderful as always. Parker does not like to eat like he used to so I was chasing him around trying to feed him and him wanting to play with the ct. He loves that cat!! we had fun watching the cat and Parker play together.
My dad said that after we left, the cat came back in, looked around saw the coast was clear, climbed in his chair and was out in 30 seconds. Parker wore him out. He wears me out too! It was an interesting birthday, I will always remember. thank you again for all of you who made it special.


6 comments:

Lori said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday. That's too crazy about the peanut allergy, I'd totally freak out too! Let's hope he wont have any hard times with it in the future.

steph said...

1st of all Happy Birthday! This is the 1st time I have gotten on any blogs since... July 1st? Anyway, I am so sorry about the peanut allergy thing,...I am a nurse and I would have been FREAKING out! I am glad you were able to get him taken care of, so scary.

cristy said...

Yikes! Poor baby. That would be frightening!

Nicole said...

Nicole-
That would be so scary....I am not sure I would know what to do. It sounds like you handled very well. I am sorry that you had to go though that on your Birthday! Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday to you....Happy Birthday to dear Nicole...Happy Birthday to you!

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

Sunsplash and Bjs food, that sounds like Arizona but you're in Idaho right? Happy birthday and poor little Parker's face is so sad!!

VoNique said...

How scary!! I'm glad Parker's ok. What a crazy birthday!